EmployAbility is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
EmployAbility may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st November 2009.
What we collect
Depending on your use of the website and the services you access we may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title
- Contact information including your email address
- Demographic information including your postcode, educational background, and employment history
- Personal information including details of any disability or illness you may have
- Your general preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys
We never ask for more information than we require to provide you with the services you request.
What we do with the information we gather
We request this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- The maintenance of a registration database so we can help students and graduates to secure employment and training
- The maintenance of a database so that we can help employers identify potential candidates
- The maintenance of a newsletter subscription database to enable us to periodically contact you with information which we think you may find interesting or have explicitly expressed an interest in
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, this site uses ‘cookie’ information collection technology.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are sent to your computer when you enter a website. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to this website, and to ascertain the most popular features of this website.
Please be aware that if you do disable cookies, certain services on this website may not be available to you and your enjoyment of this website may be impaired.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site we do not have any control over the destination website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting external sites and they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of the destination website to satisfy yourself that you are comfortable using it.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When completing a form on this website, make use of the opt-out tick boxes to indicate your preference not to be contacted by EmployAbility
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information you may change your mind at any time and contact us to communicate your preferences
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us using the detail on the Contact page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.