2020 Google Scholarship for Students with Disabilities, Europe and Israel – Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
- Eligibility.1.1 Applicants must be university students studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field at a University in Europe or Israel with a disability.1.2 Applicants must be enrolled as full time or part time students for the 2019-2019 academic year.1.3 Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.1.4 Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.1.5 Applicants must be 18 year of age or older as of 14th Oct 2019.
- How to enter.2.1 No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter applicants are required to complete the online application form and provide any supplementary information and/or documentation as may be requested from time to time.
- Application period.3.1 The application process will open on 27th September 2019 at 8:00 GMT and will close on December 31st 2019 at Midnight GMT .
- Selection process.4.1 Each application will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria (i) demonstration of passion to computer science; (ii) academic merit; and (iii) demonstration of leadership skills (the “Criteria”). evidence of passion for computer science.4.2 Each application that meets the Criteria will be reviewed by Google in accordance with the Criteria by an internal panel of Google judges and the best 10 applications (as assessed by the panel of judges in their sole discretion against the Criteria) will be successful.4.3 Notification of successful applicants will take place by no later than 20th June 2019 by the email address provided at the time of application. Notification is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth herein. Successful applicants will be required to accept the scholarship terms within 14 days of notification by Google. If successful applicants fail to accept within 14 days, the scholarship payment will be forfeited and Google may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative successful applicant.
- Taxes.6.1 The successful applicants are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax Laws and filing requirements. To the extent permitted by applicable Law, all taxes imposed on scholarship payments are the sole responsibility of the successful applicants. All scholarship payments shall be net of any taxes Google is required by Law to withhold. Awards of the scholarship payments to successful applicants may be (at Google’s sole discretion) subject to the express requirement that they submit to Google all documentation that may be requested by Google from time to time to permit it to comply with all applicable tax reporting. In order to receive a scholarship payment successful applicants may be (at Google’s sole discretion) required to submit tax documentation requested by Google or otherwise required by applicable Law, to Google or a representative for Google or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable Law. If a successful applicant fails to provide such documentation (where required) or comply with such Laws, the scholarship payment may be forfeited and Google may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative successful applicant.
- Not an offer or contract of employment.7.1 Under no circumstances shall the submission of a scholarship application, the awarding of a scholarship payment or the selection to attend the Google Scholar’s Retreat be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Google. Applicants acknowledge that they submit their application voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Applicants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between applicant and Google and that no such relationship is established by applicants acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Prize.8.1 The 10 best applications, as assessed in accordance with the Criteria above shall be selected to receive the scholarship payment of €7,000 (issued in the form of bank transfer) to be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the applicants’ classes at their primary university.