Have you been considering a role with an investment bank but aren’t sure where to start or what’s available? Interested in working with some of the best banks and financial institutions out there?
We’ve got a wide range of roles available that are open to disabled* students from a variety of degree disciplines. Here’s more information on the different divisions and how to apply:
- Investment Banking – are you extremely numerate, with excellent commercial awareness and good interpersonal skills? Can you speak more than one language? Have a look at our internships in this division with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs.
- Sales and Trading – are you passionate about trading? Do you have excellent communication skills and are commercially aware? Have you already started trading or joined a finance society at university? Here’s our internships with Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Financial Regulation – Have you got fantastic analytical skills, a great eye for detail and love working in a team. Then you might be interested in the FCA graduate or internship programmes.
- Bank Operations – Interested in helping support a bank from a logistical and operational point? Are you organised, a great team player and with a good eye for detail? Then check out Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs internships here.
- Compliance and Legal – do you love law and regulation but want to apply it in a more commercial setting? Then take a look at these internships with Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merrill Lynch!
- Risk Management – Can you balance commercial acumen with analytical skills and great comunication? Do you love working in a team and liaising with different departments? Then an internship in Risk might be for you. Here’s internship opportunities with Morgan Stanley and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Technology and Software Development – with a variety of different tech based roles, all the internships we offer in this division require excellent coding ability (C++, Java etc), excellent interpersonal skills and an ability or interest in app development. Check out the vacancies with Goldman Sachs (internship here, work placement here), Morgan Stanley, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch who have 3 internships in infrastructure, global security and technology and operations.
- First Year Programmes – Just started at uni and interested in a week’s taster placement with a bank? Check out the Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merrill Lynch Spring Programmes.
- For a complete list of all our vacancies, please click here
If you still need more information to help you make up your mind, here’s a bit more about each bank as well…
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses of Bank of America. The company offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
- FCA – more than two million people are employed in financial or related professional services in the UK, and with new powers under the Financial Services Act, the FCA can address conduct issues, publicly announce disciplinary action we’ve taken, and ban misleading promotions. Where necessary, we encourage firms to change their behaviour and help consumers understand action we’re taking.
- Morgan Stanley – since it was founded in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services. The firm has continually broken new ground in advising clients on strategic transactions, in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for individual and institutional investors.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
If you require any further information about these roles or would like to discuss extenuating circumstances that have affected your academic performance, please contact Rebecca Williams on +44 (0)7766 363 666, Justin Penney on +44 (0)7776 090 508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Disability includes: any physical disability; dyslexia, dyspraxia, or any other Specific Learning Disability; mental health disability (such as obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, anxiety or any other mental health disability); or any long term health condition.