NatWest Markets EmployAbility Internship Programme - Waltz
Wednesday 5th June 2019
About NatWest Markets
NatWest Markets provides financing, risk management and trading solutions across three product lines: rates, currencies and financing. Our customers include financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns, regional banks, hedge funds, and fund and asset managers.
We ensure our customers get the market access they need through our trading hubs in London, Singapore and Stamford; and offices in other key locations across Europe, Asia and the US.
We’re a diverse tribe of people and this diversity generates something special; serving our customers well by providing alternative perspectives and fresh thinking. We’re always evolving, to help our customers stay ahead of the changing market landscape. One thing that doesn’t change, however, is our focus on giving them what they need.
We’re building a business that’s easy to work with, technology-led, efficient and well controlled.
You’ll feel like you’re part of an entrepreneurial start-up. Every decision you make will matter. Every action will count. And, you’ll be surrounded by people who will support you. People here are focused on the future and strive to improve. So we give you all the opportunities you need to advance your career.
The Enterprise Architecture team is building out an open source Enterprise Architecture tool (Waltz) and needs an analyst / developer to source additional data into the tool in order to expand its reach and usefulness to the organisation. The Waltz tool is built in Java, using the Spark Framework, Spring and JOOQ.
- Analysing data sets from agents and tooling that are monitoring the NWM application estate, including IBM’s TADDM agents and IBM’s Guardium Data Protection tool in order to mine useful information about NWM’s application estate, how the applications are built and interconnected and how they use databases.
- Build custom data loaders to import the resulting data into the Waltz tool
- Make modifications to the UI configuration, or underlying open source code, to present that information in a useful way
Further tasks may include:
- Working with members of the wider Enterprise and Data Architecture teams to integrate data from our data discovery tool (Waterline) into Waltz and mine interface data from the connection logs of our key data store APIs (the DXs)
- Attention to detail
- Methodical and accurate
- Ability to work alone on specific deliverables but happy to be part of a team
- Desire to learn
How to Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against NatWest Markets' core competencies and selected through NatWest Markets' recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto the Internship Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship Programme, please contact Sarah on +44(0)7852 764684 or email email@example.com