NatWest Markets EmployAbility Internship Programme - Futures Clearing Technology
Wednesday 5th June 2019
About NatWest Markets
NatWest Markets provides financing, risk management and trading solutions across three product lines: rates, currencies and financing. Our customers include financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns, regional banks, hedge funds, and fund and asset managers.
We ensure our customers get the market access they need through our trading hubs in London, Singapore and Stamford; and offices in other key locations across Europe, Asia and the US.
We’re a diverse tribe of people and this diversity generates something special; serving our customers well by providing alternative perspectives and fresh thinking. We’re always evolving, to help our customers stay ahead of the changing market landscape. One thing that doesn’t change, however, is our focus on giving them what they need.
We’re building a business that’s easy to work with, technology-led, efficient and well controlled.
You’ll feel like you’re part of an entrepreneurial start-up. Every decision you make will matter. Every action will count. And, you’ll be surrounded by people who will support you. People here are focused on the future and strive to improve. So we give you all the opportunities you need to advance your career.
Futures Clearing Technology Intern
Background and Scope:
- Arc is a current project migrating critical client, regulatory, internal and downstream reports from one Application to another. There are over 2,000 reports in total covering the UK, Europe and US.
- The role for the intern is to assist with the report migration: this is primarily building reports manually in the new application and can extend to co-ordinating with internal and downstream consumers and management of specific elements of the migration - as much as you feel comfortable with and capacity allows. The role can grow as you grow and evidence your abilities. You will also be able to attend management and stakeholder meetings, giving you an opportunity to listen and learn how different senior groups have different requirements.
- You will be fully supported by the project manager and existing team.
- The Arc reporting project is one-half of a larger overall project and Arc is critical to the successful migration to a new books and record-keeping system with the reporting element critical within that.
- The project has extensive and senior management attention within NatWest Markets and therefore provides great exposure for the individual in this role.
- Attention to detail
- Methodical and accurate
- Ability to work alone on specific deliverables but happy to be part of a team
- Desire to learn (both the Arc project and part of the investment banking industry this project sits in, namely Futures and Options)
How to Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against NatWest Markets' core competencies and selected through NatWest Markets' recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto the Internship Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship Programme, please contact Sarah on +44(0)7852 764684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org