Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Risk Management
Penultimate students, finalists and graduates of a Finance, Accounting or other business-related major
|Midnight, Thursday, 4 December 2014|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Morgan Stanley to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Morgan Stanley Internship programme.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley has earned recognition as a leader in financial services as one of the most admired companies in the industry. Since it was founded in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services. The firm has continually broken new ground in advising clients on strategic transactions, in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for individual and institutional investors.
Morgan Stanley Credit Risk Management Division
The Credit Risk Management (CRM) department provides independent credit risk management and oversight for the Firm, and is responsible for protecting the Firm’s capital. CRM determines risk appetite by analysing the business and financial profile of each of their counterparties in the financial markets. CRM’s in-depth knowledge of their clients, markets and trading products and decisions on risk appetite is crucial to the Firm. CRM works closely with almost every division of the Firm, giving its professionals unique insight into the whole Firm.
Training consists of a one-day firmwide orientation, followed by ongoing education throughout the duration of the internship, including exposure to the Credit Risk team as well as the Market Risk and Operational Risk teams.
Summer Analysts learn to employ the skills fundamental to credit research, including:
• Critical reading, writing, reasoning and communicating to assess the creditworthiness of companies in various industries.
• Presenting their views to CRM senior professionals for approval.
• Assisting in the detailed credit analysis of Morgan Stanley’s trading and loan counterparties, including multinational corporations, financial institutions, funds or sovereigns.
• Assisting in monitoring, managing and reporting exposures at a counterpart, product and portfolio level.
• You are a penultimate student, finalist or graduate of a Finance, Accounting or other business-related major
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong quantitative orientation.
• Ability to manage dynamic priorities.
• Fluency in multiple languages is preferred.
Morgan Stanley is offering Summer and 12-month internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Finance (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Investment Banking Division & Global Capital Markets Combined Programme (Summer Internship)
- Equity Research (Summer Internship)
- Operations (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Prime Brokerage (12 month Industrial Placement)
- Real Estate Investing (Summer Internship)
- Sales and Trading (Summer Internship)
- Technology (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Morgan Stanley’s core competencies and selected through the Morgan Stanley recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Morgan Stanley’s Internship Programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit an application for ONE of Morgan Stanley's divisions.
To apply online to the Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship programme, Credit Risk division, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Mogan Stanley recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)77760 90508 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.