Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Investment Banking Division/Global Capital Markets (Combined Programme)
Penultimate students, finalists and graduates of any degree discipline
|Midnight, Thursday 27 November 2014|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Morgan Stanley to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Morgan Stanley Internship programme. Please note that places for the Investment Banking Division/Global Capital Markets internship fill quickly, so be sure to submit your application as early as possible.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley has earned recognition as a leader in financial services as one of the most admired companies in the industry. Since it was founded in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services. The firm has continually broken new ground in advising clients on strategic transactions, in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for individual and institutional investors.
Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Division
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is one of the top firms in Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, corporate debt issuance and high-yield debt financing. With over 2,000 professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognised for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
Morgan Stanley Global Capital Markets Division
When clients need capital, Global Capital Markets (GCM) responds with market judgments and ingenuity. Whether executing an IPO, a debt offering or a leveraged buyout, GCM integrates Morgan Stanley’s expertise in Sales and Trading and in Investment Banking, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions. GCM originates, structures and executes public and private placement of equities, investment-grade and non-investment-grade debt and related products. The group provides fresh ideas and broad distribution to help clients get the most from each stage of a transaction, and continually develops new capital market solutions to lessen clients’ risks.
The 10-week Programme is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division (IBD) and Global Capital Markets (GCM) division by taking on the responsibilities and functions of a Full-Time Analyst. Summer Analysts are assigned to a specific group in either IBD or Global Capital Markets (GCM), building basic skills in financial analysis, accounting and valuation, while working on a wide range of domestic and international transactions. Summer Analysts are also assigned to a specific desk and will not only get exposure to the deal process—including business development, origination, structuring and execution—but also will gain an understanding of how the different areas of the bank, including Corporate Finance, Sales & Trading, Research, and M&A interact. You will play an important role on teams that include senior professionals who will encourage you to go beyond the numbers and think creatively.
The Training Programme
Training begins in June with one week of intensive classroom training. This will include an introduction to Morgan Stanley, followed by division-specific training. Throughout the Internship, you will be exposed to business speakers, practical sessions, and have the opportunity to exchange ideas and learn from your peers through various social activities and events.
• Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies, industries and governments.
• Creating and updating financial models.
• Gathering market data to analyse trends, investors sentiment and markets outlooks, and to help value and price transactions.
• Drafting presentations and memoranda for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry.
• Preparing monthly financial and management reports.
• Providing support on marketing and execution of various types of offerings and products such as IPOs, capital increases, derivatives and securitisations.
• Preparing analyses of transaction precedents, shareholding structures, stock’s metrics and performances.
• Attending team discussions and client meetings where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation.
• You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data.
• You are results-driven and perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines.
• You are a proven team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities.
• You have an excellent academic background and fluency in English.
• You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively; ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is an advantage.
• You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
Morgan Stanley is offering Summer and 12-month internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Finance (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Risk Management (Summer Internship)
- Equity Research (Summer Internship)
- Operations (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Prime Brokerage (12 month Industrial Placement)
- Real Estate Investing (Summer Internship)
- Sales and Trading (Summer Internship)
- Technology (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Morgan Stanley’s core competencies and selected through the Morgan Stanley recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Morgan Stanley’s Internship Programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit an application for ONE of Morgan Stanley's divisions.
To apply online to the Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship programme Investment Banking / GCM divisions, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Morgan Stanley recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)77760 90508 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.