Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship Programme 2015, Technology
|10 weeks or 12 months|
|London and Glasgow, UK|
Penultimate, finalists or graduates of a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related science or engineering discipline.
Must have experience with:
|Midnight, Thursday, 4 December 2014|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Morgan Stanley to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Morgan Stanley Internship programme.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley has earned recognition as a leader in financial services as one of the most admired companies in the industry. Since it was founded in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services. The firm has continually broken new ground in advising clients on strategic transactions, in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for individual and institutional investors.
Morgan Stanley Technology Division
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world’s leading technology companies to redefine how they do business in ever more global, complex and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley’s sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Their insights, applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses — and to their own.
The Internship provides a real-world, project-based experience that will demonstrate firsthand what it’s like to be a technologist for a top financial firm. Summer Analysts who excel may receive an offer to join the Full-Time Technology Training Programme.
The Training Programme
You will participate in an induction process that includes an overview of the Firm and Technology. In addition to working on a live project, Internship highlights include senior management networking events, technical demonstrations and courses, team-building opportunities and a technical speaker series.
Based on their skills, Analysts will be matched to available projects within a Development or Infrastructure team:
• Development Teams: their development teams design, develop and maintain applications used by their business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyse requirements. They make system design decisions, evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software, and then test and deploy applications to production. Developing high-performing, low-latency electronic trading systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities are just some of the projects available for developers.
• Infrastructure Teams: their infrastructure-facing teams develop cutting-edge systems to run their business. Their engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm’s networks, computing hardware, operating systems and databases for the Firm’s trading applications, mobile applications and other end-user applications. They also engineer the Firm’s websites, manage the Windows plant, and develop client reporting delivery systems.
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related science or engineering discipline.
• Experience with at least one OO language: e.g., Java, C++ or C#, and have database knowledge.
• Operating system knowledge (Windows and Unix).
• Excellent problem-solving skills, experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills.
• Excellent communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Demonstrated interest in technology.
Morgan Stanley is offering Summer and 12-month internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Finance (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Risk Management (Summer Internship)
- Investment Banking Division & Global Capital Markets Combined Programme (Summer Internship)
- Equity Research (Summer Internship)
- Operations (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Prime Brokerage (12 month Industrial Placement)
- Real Estate Investing (Summer Internship)
- Sales and Trading (Summer Internship)
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Morgan Stanley’s core competencies and selected through the Morgan Stanley recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Morgan Stanley’s Internship Programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit an application for ONE of Morgan Stanley's divisions.
To apply online to the Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship programme, Technology, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Morgan Stanley recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)77760 90508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is now closed for applications.