Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship Programme 2015, Operations
|10 - 13 weeks or 12 months|
|London or Glasgow, UK|
Penultimate students, finalists and graduates of any degree discipline
Midnight, Thursday, 4 December 2014
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Morgan Stanley to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Morgan Stanley Internship programme.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley has earned recognition as a leader in financial services as one of the most admired companies in the industry. Since it was founded in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services. The firm has continually broken new ground in advising clients on strategic transactions, in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for individual and institutional investors.
Morgan Stanley Operations Division
Operations is the front line of defense for Morgan Stanley’s financial well-being. One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually seek ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Programme runs in both London and Glasgow for 10 – 13 weeks or 12 months. Interns are placed in roles based on their interests, feedback from the interview process and the current business needs. You will have support and supervision from experienced Operations professionals throughout your assignments.
The Training Programme
In London, the Programme begins with a firmwide induction along with peers from other divisions of the Firm. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness, technical training and team-building activities. Summer Analysts will also receive considerable on-the-job training as well as a series of “Lunch & Learns,” networking events and work-shadowing opportunities. In Glasgow, similar training and events take place.
• Trade capture, enrichment and confirmation, position reconciliation: learn key processes in the life cycle of a trade from deal capture to the final settlement, and then identify and resolve trading breaks from discrepancies dealing with security information, trading date and settlement date, executed quantity, taxes, commission, prices and settlement locations.
• Data mining, business analysis, modeling/reporting, and documentation: preparation and compilation of daily/weekly/monthly metric dashboards to ensure thorough business analysis.
• System testing: use systems effectively and efficiently to mitigate risk, and develop strong relationships with IT colleagues to design, develop and test/implement technology platforms to deliver solutions to business requirements.
• Team work: collaborate with team members of all levels to complete daily tasks, share market and systems knowledge, develop best practice methodologies and approaches for business analysis, issue follow up and escalation.
• Developing relationships with clients (i.e., Counterparties, Traders, Origination, Legal, Credit, IT and Controllers) to understand the priorities of stakeholders to ensure that business needs are met, protect client confidentiality and address ad-hoc requests in a timely fashion.
• For London, you have 340 UCAS points and 2.1 degree; for Glasgow, a 2.1 degree.
• Analytic and problem-solving skills to quickly understand and evaluate complex information.
• Project management skills and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Team player with client service orientation.
Morgan Stanley is offering Summer and 12-month internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Finance (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Risk Management (Summer Internship)
- Investment Banking Division & Global Capital Markets Combined Programme (Summer Internship)
- Equity Research (Summer Internship)
- Prime Brokerage (12 month Industrial Placement)
- Real Estate Investing (Summer Internship)
- Sales and Trading (Summer Internship)
- Technology (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Morgan Stanley’s core competencies and selected through the Morgan Stanley recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Morgan Stanley’s Internship Programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit an application for ONE of Morgan Stanley's divisions.
To apply online to the Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship programme Operations division, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Mogan Stanley recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)77760 90508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is now closed for applications.