Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship Programme 2015, Finance
|10-13 weeks or 12 months|
|London or Glasgow, UK|
Penultimate students, finalists and graduates of Maths, Accounting, Finance or Business Management degree disciplines
|Midnight, Thursday, 4 December 2014|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Morgan Stanley to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Morgan Stanley Internship programme. Please note that places for the Finance internship and work placement fill quickly, so be sure to submit your application as early as possible.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley has earned recognition as a leader in financial services as one of the most admired companies in the industry. Since it was founded in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services. The firm has continually broken new ground in advising clients on strategic transactions, in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for individual and institutional investors.
Morgan Stanley Finance Division
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team, providing them with financial planning and timely, accurate and clear financial information to support business decisions.
The Programme runs in both London and Glasgow for 10 – 13 weeks and 12 month placements. Interns, are placed in roles based on their interests, interview feedback and the current business needs.
The Training Programme
In London, the Programme begins with a firmwide induction with peers from other divisions. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness, technical training and team-building activities. Summer Analysts will also receive considerable on-the-job training, a series of “Lunch & Learns,” networking events and work-shadowing opportunities. In Glasgow, similar training and events take place.
Your responsibilities may include:
• Calculating the daily profit and loss (P&L) tallies of traders.
• Writing market commentaries for management reporting.
• Conducting reengineering projects to review and enhance processes.
• Using analytical tools to determine current and potential exposure to risk.
• Preparing monthly financial and management reports.
• Be a penultimate year student, finalist or graduate in a Maths, Accounting, Finance or Business Management (or related) degree discipline.
• Team player and excellent communicator.
• Advanced technical, quantitative and project management skills.
• You are able to multitask with close attention to details.
• You possess a client service orientation.
Morgan Stanley is offering Summer and 12-month internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Risk Management (Summer Internship)
- Investment Banking Division & Global Capital Markets Combined Programme (Summer Internship)
- Equity Research (Summer Internship)
- Operations (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Prime Brokerage (12 month Industrial Placement)
- Real Estate Investing (Summer Internship)
- Sales and Trading (Summer Internship)
- Technology (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Morgan Stanley’s core competencies and selected through the Morgan Stanley recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Morgan Stanley’s Internship Programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit an application for ONE of Morgan Stanley's divisions.
To apply online to the Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship programme Finance division, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Morgan Stanley recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)77760 90508 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.