KPMG EmployAbility Full Time Roles - Senior Lead
Midnight, Sunday 18th November 2018
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services including audit, tax and advisory with over 10,000 partners and staff working in 22 offices in the UK. Their vision is simple - to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of their clients, people and their capital markets. At KPMG, their commitment to their clients makes them determined to provide the best working environment for their employees. Clients choose KPMG because of their people and they place considerable importance on creating a working environment that fosters innovation and engagement.
They’ve developed one of the strongest learning and development packages you’ll find anywhere, a powerful combination of technical training, coaching and mentoring, skill building programmes, industry secondments and recognition. They reward the work of their employees through a highly competitive salary, a bonus scheme which reflects your individual performance and gives you an opportunity to share in KPMG's success, and a wide range of other benefits.
The Clara Analytics Team brings together of a group of talented individuals that share a creative mind-set and an ambition to drive innovation and quality on our audits through the use of data and analytics (D&A). They support our external audit teams on their technology journey and ensure that we are delivering the audit of the future, today.
The role of a manager within the team is to supervise the whole lifecycle of delivering D&A based audit work to a wide range of KPMG external audits. This involves helping auditors identify the most relevant D&A procedures for their audit, completing detailed work planning, supervising the work of analysts, and ensuring the quality of the final deliverable.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
The Audit Analytics Senior Lead - Audit Centre of Excellence - is part of the senior technical leadership responsible for leading a team of Technical Leads and analysts to successfully apply KAAP and Clara routines to audit engagements. To include, but not limited to:
- Reviewing the work performed by the Technical Leads, ensuring highest standards of quality exhibited;
- Ensuring deadlines are met and being the primary person responsible to ensure the routines are run successfully;
- Be responsible for the quality of team’s work by ensuring they are briefed, coached and directed using guidance/output;
Managing the needs of multiple stakeholders. To include, but not limited to:
- Maintain constant dialogue with audit teams and clients in order to manage expectations on deliverables;
- Interpret routine results to audit teams to enable them to fully understand the reports;
- Act as an escalation point should team experience issues with their responsibilities
- Being escalation point for complex issues, both technical and functional;
- Identifying and upskilling of team through learning opportunities and development of innovative solutions.
- Lead client meetings in order to represent the firm’s D&A capabilities as and when required.
Other responsibilities including:
- Subject matter expert in KAAP’s underlying technologies and deep understanding around ERP analytics and application onto business scenarios.
- Act as the D&A subject matter expert on audit tenders as and when required.
- Develop deep knowledge of audit guidance, ERP interpretation and other technology solutions.
- Develop and implement best practice to ensure that ‘quality’ is embedded within all activities performed by the team.
- Ensure all work and developments are appropriately considered and challenged in line with audit methodology and documentation requirements.
- When required perform the role of an Technical Lead including processing KAAP and KPMG Clara engagements across UK audit.
- Ability to independently take forward new initiatives to successful completion as identified by the team leader
The Person - Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced programming skills, e.g. SQL, Python, SSAS, SSIS.
- Proven experience of performing analytics and functional/technical understanding of ERP systems, including but not limited to SAP and Oracle.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Proven experience in ETL technologies.
- Ability to interpret ERP technical results and highlighting accounting impacts.
- Keen interest in technology and data and analytics.
- Ability to function effectively in challenging situations/circumstances.
- Proven experience of working within a fast paced environment with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Curiosity for exploring data to understand its content and how it is used within audit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a wider national team of senior technical leads, technical leads and analysts spread across the global network.
- Pro-active and innovative in approach.
- Experience with visualisation tools e.g. PowerBI.
- Experience of leading a team on a project/task.
- Presenting or training skills.
The Application Process
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against the core competencies of KPMG, and selected through the KPMG recruitment process.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the scheme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.