J.P.Morgan EmployAbility Internship Programme 2020 - Risk
Be a current university student and graduate in 2020 or 2021
Current students from any degree discipline, be on track for a 2:1 Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
|Sunday 29th September 2019|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with JP Morgan to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme.
Come work with our industry experts to identify, assess and manage risk for our global businesses. You will work with people of all levels across the firm, develop a broad understanding of products and their risks, build your professional network, and develop your expertise in a diverse team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. You’ll have what you need to succeed – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
What You Can Expect
Understanding, mitigating and managing risk is at the forefront of how we do business, and critical to our current and future success. Risk managers help manage our financial reputations and regulatory performance, while working across the business to shape decisions, influence models and interface with regulators.
The ten-week summer program starts with a five day induction and training session. Expert instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, our products and the intellectual property that serve our clients. During training, you will learn skills that include valuation analysis, accounting, corporate finance, economics, equity capital markets, debt capital markets and risk analysis.
You'll build your technical and practical knowledge on-the-job with opportunities in the below group:
The Credit Risk Team works in partnership with areas of the Corporate and Investment Bank and is responsible for assessing client credit strength and approving and managing the firm's retained credit risk. This risk (i.e. the risk of default) can relate to underwriting, lending and trading activities, including investment and non-investment grade syndicated loans, acquisition finance, derivatives, foreign exchange and other products.
Once on the desk, depending on your team, your responsibilities as a Summer Interns may include: performing analysis/due diligence on a counterparty/product, monitoring risk sensitives across individual counterparties and the portfolio as a whole, building financial models, contributing to analytical exercises in response to global events, preparing reports to outline recommendations to senior management and assisting in evaluating market moves that could impact our clients and their credit profile.
You’ll have the chance to:
- Learn about risk at a premier global investment bank
- Understand the role of integrity and transparency in dealing with regulators, clients and business partners
- Work collaboratively across the entire organization to find and solve problems before they grow
- Come up with innovative ways to solve challenges and answer queries
- Work on complex problems that require creative solutions
- If you’re highly-motivated and enjoy working in teams to come up with smart solutions, this is the role for you. Key skills include:
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Fluency in English
- Expected graduation date of 2020 or 2021
- A well-rounded academic background is important — a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is preferred.
After you click ‘Apply’, the first step of the process will be to create an account and complete our application.
Once you have submitted your application, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the pymetrics platform.
pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It’s an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 20-30 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Your application will not be reviewed until you have completed the pymetrics games. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
At JPMorgan Chase, we are creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
Visit jpmorgan.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against J.P. Morgan’s core competencies and selected through the J.P. Morgan recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto J.P. Morgan’s Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
You can apply for up to 3 different business area. Please complete a new application for each business area.
Other business areas you can apply to are;
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Asset Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Corporate Analyst Development Program
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Global Finance & Business Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Human Resources Analyst Development
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Corporate & Investment Banking
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Markets Analyst - Sales
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Markets Analyst - Structuring & Origination
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Markets Analyst - Research
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Markets Analyst - Trading
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Wealth Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Corporate & Investment Bank Wholesale Payments
To apply online to the J.P. Morgan Internship programme, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page. J.P. Morgan recruit on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org