J.P.Morgan EmployAbility Internship Programme 2020 - Global Finance & Business Management Analyst
Be a current university student and graduate in 2021
Current students from any degree discipline, be on track for a 2:1 Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
|Sunday 25th August 2019|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with JP Morgan to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme.
If you like analyzing results and using data to drive decisions, then we have a role for you. The function of Global Finance & Business Management is critical to all facets of the business, dedicated to continually making our business better – strategically, financially and operationally.
You'll collaborate with our top-tier professionals to influence and shape critical decisions and initiatives that support our businesses across the firm. You'll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. We'll give you what you need to succeed including training, mentoring, access to senior leaders and projects that engage all your skills.
What You Can Expect
This 10-week program delivers in-depth industry training, mentorship and hands-on experience. You'll be placed as a member in one of the finance teams where you'll work in one of the following functional groups: Business Management, Controller, Financial Analysis, and Project Management. You'll work on critical initiatives for senior managers, supporting public filings and learning what it takes to close the books for the month or quarter. Top performers may receive a full-time opportunity at the end of the summer program.
Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimizing business performance by driving key initiatives. Business Management are also responsible for helping to drive key initiatives that optimize business performance.
Controller - Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory, as well as product valuation; and provide this expertise to strategic and ongoing technology and operational process improvement initiatives. The different types of Controller roles consist of Legal Entity Controller, Financial Controller, Product Controller, Valuation Controller, Treasury Controller, Investor Services Controller, Global Controller, and Bank Controller.
Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of financial planning and forecasting.
Program Management - Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and workstreams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies.
Regulatory Reporting & Capital Policy - Responsible for the preparation and submission of reporting to the UK regulatory bodies, monitoring of regulatory capital requirements, the interpretation, application and implementation of rules and policies, in parallel to providing guidance to the business
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for producing financial analyses to help drive strategic business decisions and ensure the company is capable of navigating all types of market environments, while maintaining a fortress balance sheet. The Global Finance & Business Management function within JPMorgan Chase & Co is a dynamic organization that plays a critical role, particularly as regulatory and capital requirements continue to impact the way we do business
Key skills and interests include:
- A well-rounded academic background is important — a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is preferred; you should be in your penultimate year of study and be available to start on the Full-time Graduate Program in September 2021.
- A passion for data analysis and accounting.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis.
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in financial management.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency.
- Leadership experience in school or community organization.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
At JPMorgan Chase, we are creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against J.P. Morgan’s core competencies and selected through the J.P. Morgan recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto J.P. Morgan’s Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
You can apply for up to 3 different business area. Please complete a new application for each business area.
Other business areas you can apply to are;
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Asset Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Corporate Analyst Development Program
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Human Resources Analyst Development
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Corporate & Investment Banking
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Markets Analyst - Sales
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Markets Analyst - Structuring & Origination
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Markets Analyst - Research
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Markets Analyst - Trading
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Wealth Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2020 - Corporate & Investment Bank Wholesale Payments
To apply online to the J.P. Morgan Internship programme, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page. J.P. Morgan recruit on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email email@example.com