J.P.Morgan EmployAbility Internship Programme 2018, Risk
Students and graduates of any degree discipline
|Wednesday 15th November 2017|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with JP Morgan to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme.
Our goal is to make sure the firm understands and manages risk, to protect our capital, our balance sheet and our reputation. By minimizing the impact of unexpected results, we have a material impact on the firm's overall performance.
What you can expect
Understanding, mitigating and managing risk is at the forefront of how we do business, and critical to our current and future success. Risk managers help manage our financial reputations and regulatory performance, while working across the business to shape decisions, influence models and interface with regulators. Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Risk includes opportunities within Credit and Market Risk as well as the related Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Corporate Risk Group.
- The Credit Risk team works in partnership with many areas of the CIB and is responsible for assessing, approving and managing the risk that amounts owed to the firm will not be received. This risk can relate to J.P. Morgan’s underwriting, lending and trading activities, such as acquisition finance, syndicated loans, and derivative transactions. The Credit Risk team manages counterparty risk by evaluating the financial strength of the Bank’s trading counterparties, based on both quantitative and qualitative analysis, in order to determine an appropriate appetite for risk to those entities.
- Market Risk works in partnership with the CIB trading businesses. The team tracks market events, performs portfolio analysis and provides risk advisory for multiple asset classes including FX, Rates, Equities, Credit, Securitized Products, and Commodities retained by the firm. Market Risk engages in discussions with all levels of management on the firm’s risk appetite ahead of and during major market events.
- Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Corporate Risk manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office, Global Treasury, and other Corporate businesses. The team’s responsibilities are varied across risk stripes, and include participating in risk analysis, providing independent oversight, developing key risk analytics presentations, among other activities.
The Corporate & Investment Bank Risk summer program starts with a five day orientation and training session. Expert instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, our products and the intellectual property that serve our clients. You’ll gain technical and practical knowledge and the inspiration and insight you need for success.
During training you will learn skills that include valuation analysis, accounting, corporate finance, economics, equity capital markets, debt capital markets and risk analysis.
Once on the desk, depending on your group, your responsibilities as a Summer Analyst may include: performing analysis/due diligence on a counterparty/product, monitoring risk sensitives across individual counterparties and the portfolio as a whole, building financial models, leading analytical exercises in response to global events, preparing reports to outline recommendations to senior management and evaluating market moves that could cause losses to the firm.
What you need to bring
Our Summer Analysts come from a variety of backgrounds and graduates from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Academic strength (Minimum 2:1 or equivalent)
- Quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Project management skills and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you unique: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
A little more about J.P. Morgan
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at J.P. Morgan. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with clients and each other to generate positive change in our local and global communities every single day. With offices in more than 100 countries, we are committed to your growth and development. We offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go and leaders who will support you in getting there.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. The Firm and its Foundation give approximately US$200 million annually to nonprofit organizations around the world. We also lead volunteer service activities for employees in local communities by utilizing our many resources, including those that stem from access to capital, economies of scale, global reach and expertise.
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against J.P. Morgan’s core competencies and selected through the J.P. Morgan recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto J.P. Morgan’s Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
You can apply for up to 3 different business area. Please complete a new application for each business area.
Other business areas you can apply to are;
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Investment Banking
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Investor Services Sales
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Global Treasury Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Wealth Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Markets
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Asset Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Finance & Business Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Technology
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Human Resources
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Corporate Analyst Development Program
To apply online to the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page. J.P. Morgan recruit on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.