J.P.Morgan EmployAbility Internship Programme 2018, Finance & Business Management
|London or Bournemouth, UK|
Students and graduates of any degree discipline
|Wednesday 15th November 2017|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with JP Morgan to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme.
Internship Programme, Finance & Business Management
If you’re an outstanding college student, here’s a great way to add valuable industry experience to your academic knowledge. Join our 10-week summer program in J.P. Morgan Chase’s Finance department and you’ll gain a clear insight into the vital role we play in the firm’s continuing success. You’ll also start building your professional network and the skills needed for a successful career.
What you can expect
The 10-week summer program will start with orientation and training sessions to teach you about the firm, our products, our clients and where we’re heading. From there, you’ll join a team and make a real contribution to our Finance function, where we combine sophisticated performance measurement with thorough analysis to ensure strong financial discipline throughout the firm.
Working alongside experienced colleagues, you’ll have exposure to finance in one of our business areas or functions. Besides analyzing results, you’ll have the chance to offer insights across performance, strategy, control issues and operating models. In doing so, you’ll see just how varied, challenging and intellectually inspiring a career with us can be.
And on the job training is only part of what we offer. You’ll also be assigned a buddy and take part in networking events that will introduce you to different Finance managers and teams. You’ll be invited to our speaker series and a whole host of other interesting events, giving you the chance to meet colleagues – including senior leaders – from across the firm to start building your professional network. You may also have the opportunity to join us full-time after successful completion of the program. For those who are offered a place on the graduate programme, we'll also encourage and support you through your CIMA qualification.
Roles and Responsibilities
Outlined below are samples of opportunities offered by our program, designed to increase your understanding of finance and develop your skills.
- Business Management: Responsible for helping to drive key initiatives that optimize business performance. This team acts as a trusted advisor to Business/Group Heads and is responsible for identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks.
- External Reporting: Responsible for preparing external reporting requirements to various agencies such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Federal Reserve and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency; collecting internal disclosures, consolidating data, performing data quality checks; implementing new reporting requirements as well as streamlining and improving financial reporting processes.
- Financial Analysis: Responsible for internal and external data gathering, analysis, reporting, financial budgeting and forecasting. Individuals work directly with information creating meaningful analysis, reports, presentations and strategy documents in support of a client, business or function, senior management or external requirements.
- Financial Control: Responsible for reconciliation and substantiation of accounts, weekly and monthly profit, loss and position reconciliations, validating and reporting financial data while adhering to internal control standards; ensuring overall integrity and validity of financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; working to enhance the efficiency and control of the financial reporting process.
- Program Management: Responsible for single or multiple programs or projects. Programs are large scale and can be for single line of business (LOB)/function or cross LOB/function. The Program Management Office is designed to drive a more efficient, integrated operating model and technology infrastructure framework for Global Finance.
What you need to bring
You’ll need a real passion for finance and first-rate analytical skills, combined with the ability to work under pressure and in a team environment. Other qualifications include:
- A well-rounded academic background is essential with a minimum degree grade of 2:1 or European equivalent. Results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication of your predicted grade.
- Demonstrable leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated leadership in a school or community organization.
- But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
A little more about JPMorgan Chase
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at JPMorgan Chase. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with clients and each other to generate positive change in our local and global communities every single day. With offices in more than 100 countries, we are committed to your growth and development. We offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go and leaders who will support you in getting there.
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against J.P. Morgan’s core competencies and selected through the J.P. Morgan recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto J.P. Morgan’s Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
You can apply for up to 3 different business area. Please complete a new application for each business area.
Other business areas you can apply to are;
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Investment Banking
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Investor Services Sales
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Global Treasury Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Wealth Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Markets
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Risk
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Asset Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Technology
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Human Resources
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Corporate Analyst Development Program
To apply online to the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page. J.P. Morgan recruit on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email email@example.com