Google EmployAbility Software Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering Intern, 2020
Zurich, Munich, Dublin, London, Paris, Budapest, Warsaw or Stockholm
|Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's, Master’s or PHD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field|
|Midnight, Sunday 24th November 2019|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Google to connect students with disabilities to intern opportunities at Google.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Zurich, Munich, Dublin, London, Paris, Budapest, Warsaw or Stockholm
We offer a range of internships in either Software Engineering or Site-Reliability Engineering across EMEA. Durations and start dates will vary according to project and location. Our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume. As a Software Engineering or Site Reliability Intern, you‘ll work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs.
Software Engineering Intern:
As a key member of a versatile team, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile, and enthusiastic in addressing new problems as we continue to push technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions as you, and our fast-paced business, grow and evolve during your internship.
Site Reliability Intern:
Our engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the vagaries of the internet. We drive reliability and performance across a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important revenue-critical systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most cutting-edge services; from monitoring and alerts to building new automation infrastructure.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
- Utilize exposure to large-scale production software troubleshooting.
- Help maintain mission critical services.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's, Master’s or PHD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Internship or work experience (i.e. research assistant, teaching assistant, personal projects, etc.) focused on programming in either: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Experience with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
How to Apply:
Click the ‘apply now’ button below! Google recruits on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible!
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Google’s core competencies and selected through Google’s recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto the Google’s Internship Programme and will participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.