Google EmployAbility Summer Trainee Engineering Program, STEP 2020
|Zurich, Munich, Dublin, London, Paris or Warsaw|
Currently in first or second year of a full-time Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related technical field
|Sunday 1st December 2019|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Google to connect students with disabilities to intern opportunities at Google.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Zurich, Munich, Dublin, London, Paris, Warsaw
Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship.
The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) aims to do just that. The 12 week program offers students the opportunity to work on a software project alongside another STEP intern, with the support of full-time Googlers and a mentor. You will also attend weekly trainings to enhance your technical and professional skills.
This internship is intended for students in their first or second year of an accredited full-time degree program in Computer Science or related technical fields, with an anticipated graduation date between 2022 and 2024. We especially encourage applications from students in underrepresented in the engineering and tech industry. For students graduating in 2021, we encourage you to apply to the Software Engineering or Site Reliability Internship.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- Complete a challenging technical project with a team of Googlers and other STEP interns.
- Enhance your coding by using new tools and programming languages.
- Attend training sessions to build your professional skills and to help set you up for success.
- You will be matched with a Google engineer to mentor you throughout the internship.
- Currently in third or fourth year of a full-time Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Programming experience in either Java, C++ or Python.
- Available to intern full-time from August - October 2020, and part-time from November - December 2020.
- Returning to a full-time Bachelor’s degree after completing the program.
- Experience in programming outside of your university course.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
How to apply
Please click on the “Apply Now” link to start and submit your application. A complete application includes resume, transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and evidence of a website or application you have created .
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and it's in your best interest to apply early. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
Your resume/CV is the employer's very first impression of you. Your CV must be a maximum of 2 pages long and must include in descending order: 1. Education, 2. Work Experience, 3. Any other skills and extra-curricular activities, including any technical project outside of university related to computer science. Please note that Europass CVs will not be accepted.
This programme is now closed for applications.