Google EMEA BOLD Immersion Programme 2014
|25-27 June 2014|
Bachelors and Masters students of any degree discipline, graduating in 2015 or 2016
(please note that this programme is not open to Google TechAbility 2013 participants)
Thursday 20th March, midnight
*Reasonable travel, accommodation and meal costs will be covered by Google
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Google to offer penultimate and final year disabled students the opportunity to apply for the Building Opportunities for Leadership & Development (BOLD) Immersion Programme 2014.
About the BOLD programme
The 2014 Google BOLD Immersion Programme - Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) is open to higher-education students expecting to graduate in 2015 or 2016.
Selected students will participate in an all-expenses-paid programme in Google’s European Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland from June 25-27 2014.
The BOLD Immersion Programme is designed to provide exposure into the business side of the digital industry for students who are historically under-represented in this field. Participants will get a rare glimpse into online sales and customer relations, non-technical career opportunities at Google and they will also get the chance to develop valuable professional and peer networks.
This robust programme will also include professional talks and skill-building seminars, as well as the opportunity to meet students and Googlers from all over the world and, of course, have fun!
Check out this video from BOLD 2013 for more information.
To apply, students must:
- Be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Europe, Middle-East or Africa
- Expect to graduate in 2015 or 2016
- Demonstrate interest in business or technology
- Be available to attend all three days of the programme (depending on your location, you might need to travel to and from Ireland on June 24th and 28th respectively)
- Be fluent in English, as all BOLD Immersion activities will be conducted in English
Please note this programme is not open to students who have taken part in the Google TechAbility 2013 programme because of similarity of the two programmes.
- Reasonable travel, accommodation and meal costs will be covered by Google
- EU citizens require a valid passport or national ID in order to travel to Ireland. Non-EU citizens require a passport valid until at least 6 months after the event (27th of December 2014)
- If a visa is required, Google can provide a letter for participants to engage in the administrative process
How to apply
Please note that the application is a multi-step process.
Register your interest now by clicking on the "apply now" button at the bottom of this page, and we will email you the rest of the instructions - you must follow these before your application is complete. Registration of interest alone will not be sufficient. Early registration of interest is advised to allow adequate time to complete the application process and obtain your reference.
The BOLD Immersion application consists of your CV in English, a short essay, and one reference from a professor, direct supervisor, or a mentor you have worked closely with in your school or community activities.
Successful applicants will be announced by mid April 2014.
Your resume/CV is the employer's very first impression of you. Your CV must be a maximum of 2 pages long and must include in descending order: 1. Education, 2. Work experience including a summary of responsibilities and achievements in each role, 3. Any other skills and extra curricular activities. Please note that Europass CVs will not be accepted.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44(0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.