Goldman Sachs EmployAbility Summer Analyst Internship 2021 - Legal
|Students of any degree discipline|
Midnight, Sunday 4th October 2020
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Goldman Sachs to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Internship programme.
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we connect people, capital and ideas to help solve problems for our clients. We are a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences. Even if you have never imagined a career in finance, there’s a place for you here. For us, it’s all about bringing together people who are curious, collaborative and have the drive to make things possible for our clients and communities. We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences. Here are some of the qualities we look for:
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Sense of Teamwork
- Commitment to Excellence
- Intellectual Curiosity, Passion and Self-Motivation
- Integrity, Ethical Standards and Sound Judgment
Whether you’re looking to manage an IPO, tech stack, or anything in between - let’s chat about what you’re into and where you see yourself. We rely on a range of skills and recruit from every background and major - from art history to zoology.
About the Internship
This is a ten-week program designed to fully immerse you in the day-to-day activities of one of our divisions.
Orientation and Training
The program starts with an orientation where you’ll learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Goldman Sachs. You will also receive division-specific training designed to help you succeed in your division.
Your Day to Day
After training, you will receive real responsibilities to give you a sense of what you would be doing, day to day, as a full-time Goldman Sachs employee. Along with fellow interns, you will work alongside leaders within our industry. Successful Summer Associates may be invited back to join our New Associate program in a full time position.
About the Legal Division
The Legal Department plays an essential role in the formulation and implementation of the strategy of Goldman Sachs. It is organized into practice areas that either directly support a specific business or more broadly support the activities of the entire firm.
The department includes the following practice areas:
- The Business Intelligence Group provides research and due diligence focused on legal, regulatory, financial and reputational risk to the firm’s businesses and committees worldwide.
- The Contracts, Technology, Privacy and Intellectual Property Group provides legal support for vendor agreements, privacy issues and technology and intellectual property matters.
- The Employment Law Group provides counseling, supervises employee-related litigation and supports initiatives that impact the firm’s employees and contingent workers.
- Finance Legal and Corporate Governance Legal provide legal support for The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. These areas assists with financing, prepare required legal filings and support the development and implementation of corporate governance practices.
- Investment Banking Legal supports the Investment Banking Division by structuring, negotiating and executing financing transactions for clients, and by drafting documents associated with merger and acquisition activity.
- Investment Management Division Legal provides legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice to our Private Wealth Management and Goldman Sachs Asset Management teams.
- The Litigation and Regulatory Proceedings Group oversees and handles litigation, arbitration, regulatory and other proceedings that involve Goldman Sachs, its affiliates or their employees, as well as other matters in connection with proceedings in which the firm is not a party.
- Merchant Banking Legal provides legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice to our Merchant Banking business and also supports certain other principal investing groups across the firm.
- Securities Legal supports our equity and fixed income marketing, structuring, and trading business units and related compliance teams.
The Legal analyst programme welcomes people from a variety of academic backgrounds and personal interests. Ideally, you should be interested in legal issues and the interaction of finance and the law, but a background in law and/or finance is not a prerequisite. You should be a quick learner, inquisitive and a keenly critical thinker. They also look for strong communicators and relationship builders who value teamwork, leadership and excellence.
Goldman Sachs is offering Summer Analyst Internships across a variety of divisions. These are:
- Executive Office
- Global Compliance
- Global Investment Research
- Human Capital Management
- Investment Banking
- Consumer & Investment Management
- Merchant Banking
- Realty Management
How to Apply
Please note - YOU MUST ONLY SUBMIT ONE APPLICATION FORM TO GOLDMAN SACHS. You can indicate two division choices on the same application form, there is no need to complete multiple application forms. Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against Goldman Sachs’ core competencies and selected through the Goldman Sachs recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly into the appropriate Goldman Sachs Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah on +44(0)7852 764684â€‹ or email firstname.lastname@example.org