Goldman Sachs EmployAbility Summer Analyst Internship 2021 - Finance
|Students of any degree discipline|
Midnight, Sunday 30th August 2020
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Goldman Sachs to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Internship programme.
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we connect people, capital and ideas to help solve problems for our clients. We are a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences. Even if you have never imagined a career in finance, there’s a place for you here. For us, it’s all about bringing together people who are curious, collaborative and have the drive to make things possible for our clients and communities. We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences. Here are some of the qualities we look for:
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Sense of Teamwork
- Commitment to Excellence
- Intellectual Curiosity, Passion and Self-Motivation
- Integrity, Ethical Standards and Sound Judgment
Whether you’re looking to manage an IPO, tech stack, or anything in between - let’s chat about what you’re into and where you see yourself. We rely on a range of skills and recruit from every background and major - from art history to zoology.
About the Internship
This is a ten-week program designed to fully immerse you in the day-to-day activities of one of our divisions.
Orientation and Training
The program starts with an orientation where you’ll learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Goldman Sachs. You will also receive division-specific training designed to help you succeed in your division.
Your Day to Day
After training, you will receive real responsibilities to give you a sense of what you would be doing, day to day, as a full-time Goldman Sachs employee. Along with fellow interns, you will work alongside leaders within our industry. Successful Summer Associates may be invited back to join our New Associate program in a full time position.
About the Finance Division
The finance teams manage the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and provide the overall financial control and reporting function.
Their responsibilities include managing liquidity risk, long-term debt issuance and share repurchases and dividends; assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties; monitoring market risks associated with the firm’s trading activities; designing and operating systems to support financial management, planning and forecasting; building risk models to support new businesses and derivatives analysis; managing the firm’s relationships with regulators, rating agencies and creditors; and providing broad analytical and regulatory compliance support across all their businesses.
The Finance division is organized into discrete groups with a broad remit:
- The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets - we help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures.
- The Tax teams work in offices around the world to ensure that the Firm complies with the tax laws of the countries in which we do business.
- Corporate Treasury manages the firm’s liquidity, secured and unsecured funding programs, as well as the level and composition of its consolidated and subsidiary level equity capital.
- Credit protects the firm's capital against counterparty default and advises clients on credit ratings.
- Market Risk Management and Analysis measures, analyzes and controls the market risk of the firm globally.
- Operational Risk focuses on the development of risk assessment frameworks that identify, measure, monitor and manage risk exposures.
- Firmwide Strategy develops and executes long-term strategic plans.
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA engages in a number of business activities unique to the Bank, and conducts a number of key Goldman Sachs trading businesses and lending activities.
If you’re interested in working in the Finance Division you should be able to demonstrate that you are highly motivated, with commercial focus and strong analytical and communication skills. They look for people who enjoy being challenged, are team oriented and have good attention to detail.
As an intern you will work closely with team members, participate in seminars and networking events, and experience first hand how the Finance Division operates.
Depending which team you join, you could be learning about new products and their implementation issues, helping to assess market risk based on world events, or helping to prepare reports for senior management about proprietary acquisitions.
Goldman Sachs is offering Summer Analyst Internships across a variety of divisions. These are:
- Executive Office
- Global Compliance
- Global Investment Research
- Human Capital Management
- Investment Banking
- Consumer & Investment Management
- Merchant Banking
- Realty Management
How to Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against Goldman Sachs’ core competencies and selected through the Goldman Sachs recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly into the appropriate Goldman Sachs Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah on +44(0)7852 764684â€‹ or email firstname.lastname@example.org