Goldman Sachs EmployAbility Summer Analyst Internship 2020, Services
|Students and graduates of any degree discipline|
Midnight, Sunday 29th September 2019
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Goldman Sachs to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Internship programme.
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, your skills and experiences will create a world of possibilities for our clients. From the latest IPO and market insights to investments in clean energy and infrastructure, each one of our teams contributes to innovations that drive progress around the world.
You’ll work alongside industry experts and strategic thinkers at all levels, gaining hands-on experience unlike anywhere else. All at a place where your ideas matter and your personal and professional growth are front of mind.
Come embrace the opportunity to move industries, make markets and empower communities.
About the Summer Analyst Internship Programme
This is a ten-week programme designed to fully immerse you in the day-today activities of one of Goldman Sachs' divisions. The programme starts with a firmwide orientation where you’ll learn about their culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Goldman Sachs. You will also receive division-specific training designed to help you succeed in your division.
After training, you will receive real responsibilities to give you a sense of what you would be doing, day to day, as a full-time Goldman Sachs employee. Along with fellow interns, you will work alongside leaders within the industry. Successful Summer Analysts may be invited back to join the New Analyst programme in a full time position.
About the Services Division
The Services Division provides essential advisory and management services to the people of Goldman Sachs in over 95 cities around the world, helping to drive the firm's productivity and financial results while enabling its flow of business.
Services is comprised of Corporate Services and Real Estate and the Office of Global Security:
Business Services delivers high-quality, commercially managed services to internal business partners throughout the firm:
- The Travel team manages market development service levels and expense through commercial partnerships with a global network of travel, ground transportation, hotel and corporate accommodation providers.
- The Document Management team delivers on-site, near site and off-shore mail, messenger, print, presentation, records management, imaging, scanning and graphics services.
- The Hospitality team oversees the firm’s global, event management, food service, conference center and reception operations.
- The Real Estate team plans, builds and operates the firm's facilities worldwide, ensuring that our core businesses operate efficiently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Capital Projects team manages the design, construction and completion of the firm's facilities worldwide.
- The Facilities Management team oversees the efficiency, reliability, maintenance and sustainability of Goldman Sachs’ work environments.
- The Planning team manages the firm’s capital planning process, advises internal business partners on space needs and measures, reports and forecasts real estate capacities and trends.
- The Transactions team negotiates and executes lease, sub-lease and other transactions in support of the firm's real estate initiatives.
The Finance team is based regionally and at a central hub in Bangalore, India. They provide financial analysis, decision support, procurement, contract administration and reporting for all initiatives within the Services Division and for business partners across the firm. The businesses in this area include:
- The Finance and Planning team is accountable for the accuracy and integrity of the division’s books and records, budgeting and forecasting for administered spend, analytics, occupancy and capital plan expense management.
- The Procurement and Contract Management team is responsible for sourcing, commercial negotiation, vendor and contract management and purchasing support for business partners across the firm.
- The Finance Delivery Center, a central operational hub in Bangalore, India, provides consistent global standards and data integrity in collaboration with regionally based Finance and Planning and Procurement and Contract Management teams.
- The Capital Management team provides cost estimation, budget, change control and schedule management, as well as requisition and accounting controls for all capital projects including the firm's new headquarters, data processing centers and offices in emerging markets.
Vendor Management Office
The Vendor Management Office team manages a global framework to effectively manage our vendors and mitigate risk for the firm.
Administration, Communications & Social Governance
Administration, Communications & Social Governance oversee organizational development, internal and client communications and environment, community and government relations.
- The Administration team supports the talent management of the division, including recruiting, professional development, career mobility and mentoring, in partnership with the People Development Committee and Human Capital Management.
- The Communications team helps plan and implement internal communications that support each line of business. The team also works closely with partners in the Corporate Communications, Government and Media Relations teams to support external communications as required.
- The Environmental, Social and Governance team oversees our citizenship commitments, including helping manage the firm's direct impact on the environment, supplier diversity and community relations.
The Office of Global Security (OGS) protects the firm's people, assets, and reputation. To do this they provide People Protection, Physical Security, Fire Safety and Crisis Management.
The People Protection team focuses on the safety of Goldman Sachs' people, including travelers and events. They provide travelers with pre-travel advice and, in some cases, on the ground support. For the firm’s events they undertake risk assessments and provide security support.
The Physical Security team ensures all the firm’s facilities offer a safe and secure environment for Goldman Sachs' people and visitors. They also support the regulatory controls that govern the firm’s work. Close and effective relationships with law enforcement and other agencies are essential elements.
The Fire Safety team ensures effective systems and processes in place to minimize the risk of fire and avoid the likelihood of injury, damage or business interruption should a fire occur.
The Crisis Management team work to monitor and minimize threats to people, reputation and business. There are three 24/7 Crisis Management Centers (CMC) across the globe. In the event of a crisis, the CMCs account for the safety and security of Goldman Sachs' people, whether in the office, traveling or on personal business. They also support the firm’s ability to operate continuously and swiftly recover from any business disruption. To support business resiliency, the team organize drills and work closely with other divisions across the firm.
If you’re achievement-oriented, creative, at your best in a diverse team environment, challenged by managing multiple projects and motivated by tangible results, we invite you to consider joining the Services team.
Summer analysts are given responsibilities as a team member in Real Estate, Business Services, Finance, Administration, Communications and Environmental, Social and Governance (and occasionally in Security). They have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a fast-paced, stimulating environment, learning the basics of commercial management. Interns collaborate on a summer project that is presented to senior leadership, receive mentorship from a more senior team member and network across the division. In addition, Services offer opportunities to build professional and interpersonal skills through training programs and day-to-day experience. A global learning series offers an intimate setting to learn about key initiatives and discuss perspectives with the division’s leadership.
Goldman Sachs is offering Summer Analyst Internships across a variety of divisions. These are:
How to Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against Goldman Sachs’ core competencies and selected through the Goldman Sachs recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly into the appropriate Goldman Sachs Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact
Justin Penney on +44 (0)7776 090 508 or email email@example.com