Goldman Sachs EmployAbility Summer Analyst Internship 2020, Legal
|Students and graduates of any degree discipline|
Midnight, Sunday 17th November 2019
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Goldman Sachs to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Internship programme.
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, your skills and experiences will create a world of possibilities for our clients. From the latest IPO and market insights to investments in clean energy and infrastructure, each one of our teams contributes to innovations that drive progress around the world.
You’ll work alongside industry experts and strategic thinkers at all levels, gaining hands-on experience unlike anywhere else. All at a place where your ideas matter and your personal and professional growth are front of mind.
Come embrace the opportunity to move industries, make markets and empower communities.
About the Summer Analyst Internship Programme
This is a ten-week programme designed to fully immerse you in the day-today activities of one of Goldman Sachs' divisions. The programme starts with a firmwide orientation where you’ll learn about their culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Goldman Sachs. You will also receive division-specific training designed to help you succeed in your division.
After training, you will receive real responsibilities to give you a sense of what you would be doing, day to day, as a full-time Goldman Sachs employee. Along with fellow interns, you will work alongside leaders within the industry. Successful Summer Analysts may be invited back to join the New Analyst programme in a full time position.
About the Legal Division
The Legal Department plays an essential role in the formulation and implementation of the strategy of Goldman Sachs. It is organized into practice areas that either directly support a specific business or more broadly support the activities of the entire firm.
The department includes the following practice areas:
- The Business Intelligence Group provides research and due diligence focused on legal, regulatory, financial and reputational risk to the firm’s businesses and committees worldwide.
- The Contracts, Technology, Privacy and Intellectual Property Group provides legal support for vendor agreements, privacy issues and technology and intellectual property matters.
- The Employment Law Group provides counseling, supervises employee-related litigation and supports initiatives that impact the firm’s employees and contingent workers.
- Finance Legal and Corporate Governance Legal provide legal support for The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. These areas assists with financing, prepare required legal filings and support the development and implementation of corporate governance practices.
- Investment Banking Legal supports the Investment Banking Division by structuring, negotiating and executing financing transactions for clients, and by drafting documents associated with merger and acquisition activity.
- Investment Management Division Legal provides legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice to our Private Wealth Management and Goldman Sachs Asset Management teams.
- The Litigation and Regulatory Proceedings Group oversees and handles litigation, arbitration, regulatory and other proceedings that involve Goldman Sachs, its affiliates or their employees, as well as other matters in connection with proceedings in which the firm is not a party.
- Merchant Banking Legal provides legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice to our Merchant Banking business and also supports certain other principal investing groups across the firm.
- Securities Legal supports our equity and fixed income marketing, structuring, and trading business units and related compliance teams.
The Legal analyst programme welcomes people from a variety of academic backgrounds and personal interests. Ideally, you should be interested in legal issues and the interaction of finance and the law, but a background in law and/or finance is not a prerequisite. You should be a quick learner, inquisitive and a keenly critical thinker. They also look for strong communicators and relationship builders who value teamwork, leadership and excellence.
Goldman Sachs is offering Summer Analyst Internships across a variety of divisions. These are:
- Investment Banking
- Global Compliance
- Global Investment Research
- Human Capital Management
- Investment Management
- Merchant Banking
- Sales and Trading (Securities)
How to Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against Goldman Sachs’ core competencies and selected through the Goldman Sachs recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly into the appropriate Goldman Sachs Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)7776 090 508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is now closed for applications.