Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2020
- Technology & Change
you’ll be in your penultimate year at university and on course for a 2:1 degree or above
|a base salary of £24,000 (pro-rata)|
Midnight, Sunday 3rd November 2019
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for their Summer Internship Programme.
About the FCA
At the FCA, we’re creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We’re establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable customers. Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator. We’re looking for individuals from all backgrounds who subscribe to our values and want to make a difference. If our Technology & Change Summer Internship sounds right for you, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
About the Internship
Financial services regulation is constantly changing, impacting the way in which we regulate. To support this, we deliver a large and varied portfolio of change programmes, implementing new regulatory directives and the required information technology services. If you join the Technology and Change Summer Internship you’ll support colleagues to help manage the impact of such change on the organisation, its processes and people. You’ll be aligned to one of our three Communities of Practice; Architecture and Operations, Change or Technology Delivery where you could be involved with the following work:
Architecture and Operations:
- Supporting the planning and prioritisation of the strategic change portfolio
- Coordinating design governance forums
- Developing investment cases for future projects
- Workforce planning and resource coordination
- Working on projects or programmes, gaining insight into how change is delivered at the FCA
- Work within a change specialism, supporting the change lead in their day-to-day management
- Supporting the leadership within the Change Community to roll out community initiatives
- Working on technology-based products, gaining insight into how technology is delivered at the FCA
- Gaining an understanding as to how products are managed, monitored and maintained across the lifecycle
- Supporting the roll out of technology initiatives, such as publication of agile methodologies, or facilitating sprints in developing best-practice recommendations
- Gaining insight into how technology is delivered within the FCA using an Agile Product model
At the end of the internship you’ll have gained experience in your chosen area of Technology and Change and experienced working with diverse groups of stakeholders to solve real-world business problems. And, if you’re successful, you could be offered a place on our Technology & Change Graduate Programme in 2021.
What we look for
To be eligible, you’ll be in your penultimate year at university and on course for a 2:1 degree or above. Whilst we’re flexible about your type of degree, you’ll need to demonstrate a passion for technology and change.
Throughout the internship you’ll gain exposure to a wide variety of business areas working to ensure the solutions to complex business problems drive change and support the FCA’s mission. You’ll need to be analytical, commercially minded and customer-focused to thrive in this dynamic environment. And, as the challenges are multi-faceted, working collaboratively across teams is a must.
What we offer
At the FCA you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. We offer all our summer interns a competitive range of benefits, including:
- a base salary of £24,000(pro-rata)
- a subsidised on-site fitness centr
- a subsidised restaurant
- charity and volunteering initiatives
We’re proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 employer and we were recently awarded “Employer of the Year” at the Women in Finance awards. We’re also signatories of the #NoBystanders pledge and Disability Confident scheme, which guarantees disabled people an interview if they meet the minimum requirements fora job vacancy.
We value the views of our people and listening to them is central to our success. This is why our staff network groups play such a significant role. They shape the environment we work in, the way we interact with one another and the way that we make our decisions.
The Application Process
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against the FCA's core competencies and selected through the FCA's recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly on to the Internship Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the programme, please contact Sarah on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com