Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) EmployAbility Graduate Programme 2019 - Human Resource
|Two and a half years|
a base salary of £34,000
Midnight, Sunday 24th March 2019
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for their Graduate Programme.
About the FCA
We’re creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We’re establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable customers.
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator. We’re looking for individuals from all backgrounds who subscribe to our values and want to make a difference.
If our Human Resources Graduate Programme sounds right for you, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
About the Programme
Programme Length:Two and a half years
Programme Type: Rotational
Our rotational graduate programme offers you a grounding in the essentials of HR followed by placements to develop your skills in data, transformational change and partnering with the customer:
- Placement 1: Getting the Basics Right. You’ll start your CIPD and learn about the core HR disciplines. You’ll also work with our customers to find out what’s important to them and help them with their queries.
- Placement 2: Data and Interpretation. You’ll be working across the HR department to make connections and insights between the data points we hold on the FCA’s colleagues.
- Placement 3: Data into Action. You’ll work to translate insights into action. For instance, if you learn colleagues are not satisfied working in a department, you could develop a project to sort this out.
- Placement 4: Change and transformation. You’ll be given the opportunity to work on a change or transformation programme.
- Placement 5: Business Partnering. You’ll return to the customer and partner the business directly, or in an area of specialist knowledge, such as learning or resourcing.
What We Look For
There are different reasons you might be attracted to a career in HR. We’re a fit for you if you:
- search for purpose and meaning in what you do
- believe in setting high standards for your professional development
- look for the opportunity to make an impact
- and if you want to be at the centre of things
We’re more interested in the type of person that you are than the type of degree you’ve attained. So, whilst you do need to have completed a degree to join the programme, it could be in any subject with any classification.
You'll be agile enough to shape the future you'll be part of. You’ll need to be someone who questions the status-quo, influence the influencers and shape our future. We need people who can understand the fundamentals of HR but you’ll have the opportunity to pick this up on the job.
You’ll need to care about customers, be hungry for data, want to turn data insights into action and be passionate about change. It’s really hard to be good at making change happen, but you’ll have the curiosity to learn how and the grit to deliver.
Learning & Development
We really care about helping you to find what you’re good at. You’ll achieve your CIPD because it’s part of being a HR professional. You’ll also be surrounded by great mentors to learn from.
What We Offer
At the FCA you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. We offer all our graduates a competitive range of benefits, including:
- a base salary of £34,000
- career and family leave
- a performance based bonus
- flexible working options
- a non-contributory pension
- charity and volunteering initiatives
- a minimum of 25 days’ holiday
- sports and social clubs
- private health care
- a subsidised on-site fitness centre
- free eye tests
- a subsidised restaurant
- interest-free season ticket loans
We’re proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 employer and we were recently awarded “Employer of the Year” at the Women in Finance awards. We’re also signatories of the #NoBystanders pledge and Disability Confident scheme, which guarantees disabled people an interview if they meet the minimum requirements fora job vacancy.
We value the views of our people and listening to them is central to our success. This is why our staff network groups play such a significant role. They shape the environment we work in, the way we interact with one another and the way that we make our decisions.
We want our people to be engaged and productive while at work, so we’recommitted to creating an environment that enables you to do your best work while maintaining your other commitments. To support this, we offer flexible working arrangements, the opportunity to work from home, a number of career and family leave provisions, and generous annual leave so you can take time off when you need or want to.
The Application Process
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against the FCA's core competencies and selected through the FCA's recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly on to the Graduate Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the scheme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)7776 090 508 or email email@example.com