EmployAbility Bloomberg Summer Internship 2018 - Portfolio and Risk Analyst
Bloomberg Offices, Central London
Financial knowlegde (Buy-side) + European language
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose. Come find yours.
PORT is Bloomberg's flagship portfolio and risk analytics application, providing clients with the tools required to analyse their equity, fixed income or multi-asset class portfolio's historical performance, understand its structure, measure its risk, and simulate investment ideas. It empowers investment professionals with the tools required to successfully implement optimal investment portfolio strategies, helping them make quicker, more informed decisions, enabling them to easily and accurately measure portfolio risk and return, and streamlining their overall investment management workflow.
What's the role?
- Increase client adoption of Bloomberg Portfolio and Risk analytics
- Assist with Bloomberg Professional terminal sales on back of our Portfolio and Risk analytics
- Conduct internal and client training on PORT
- Provide feedback to business managers on future product development needs
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Throughout the internship, you will be supported by your line manager, buddy and your recruiter to ensure you receive regular feedback on your work and help navigating the company.
Please note that this is not a pipeline programme however if successful you will be considered for a full time position on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Global Data or Analytics & Sales.
- Business fluency in English plus an additional European is essential
- Strong financial knowledge - gained either through education, study or work experience - of the buy-side community e.g. pension funds, investment advisors or mutual funds, plus equity and fixed income asset classes
- Experience interacting with customers/clients and strong relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter and proactive team player with strong multi-tasking skills
- Aptitude to excel in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment
We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. The deadline for applications is 31 Jan 2018.
We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. This is not a pipeline internship. If successful, you will be eligible for a full time position on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Global Data or Analytics & Sales. As this is a pipeline programme for full time hires, we are targeting penultimate year students graduating in 2019.
If this sounds like you:
Apply to Bloomberg directly using the link below if you think you're a good match. Bloomberg will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
When you complete the Bloomberg application form please use the referral source: 'Conferences/Events/Partners – Employability'
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information, please contact Sarah on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.