EmployAbility Bloomberg Summer Internship 2018 - Government Relations
Bloomberg Offices, Central London
Strong knowledge of Excel + European language
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose. Come find yours.
On any given day, we analyse regulations and proposed policies that affect our businesses and our customers, devising and implementing strategies to promote desired outcomes. This necessitates close consultation with both internal and external stakeholders. We are also responsible for maintaining open lines of communication with government agencies. This summer we're looking for an intern to join our team, based in our brand new London HQ. This is a great opportunity for someone who has an interest in government/ public policy and is on the lookout for an exciting environment to gain new skills.
We'll trust you to:
- Research, analyse and make recommendations/draft option memos on legislative and regulatory issues which may provide threats or opportunities to our business
- Draft issue briefs, talking points, sample letters and correspondence on a variety of policy issues ranging from financial services to broadcasting
- Develop and maintain relationships with key officials in government, their staffs and various associations and organisations
- Assist in drafting comment letters for regulatory agencies
- Attend and prepare communication from relevant hearings or open regulatory meetings
- Conduct discrete research projects on pending issues
- Balance immediate and long-term priorities
- Work independently and within a global team framework
You need to have:
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
We'd love to see:
- Previous experience of data handling and manipulation
- Fluency in a second language (ideally German, French or Spanish), although this is not essential
If this sounds like you:
Apply to Bloomberg directly using the link below if you think we're a good match. Bloomberg will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
When you complete the Bloomberg application form, please use the referral source: 'Conferences/Events/Partners – Employability'
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information, please contact Sarah on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.