EmployAbility Bloomberg Summer Internship 2018 - Connectivity and Integration Services
Bloomberg Offices, Central London
Penultimate year students graduating in 2019
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s
where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS), we help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positions to help clients with this challenge.
Due to significant expansion – and huge opportunity, we’re growing the team. In this role you’ll provide technical application support and integration support to our expanding client base across both the buy side and the sell side.
You’ll be part of a tight-knit team, supporting a large variety of ETL (Extract, transform, load) workflows between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ and Bloomberg API. Additionally you’ll provide post trade technical support and integration for Bloomberg's order management systems (AIM, TOMS and SSEOMS) and open integrated work flows between Bloomberg and our clients 3rd party systems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide Client Production Support to customers in EMEA for connectivity and technical issues. This is a client facing role so communication and customer services skills are paramount
- Service our client base showing high degrees of professionalism and recognise the criticality of our clients businesses and workflows that integrate into Bloomberg L.P.
- Develop an understanding of our People, Processes and Technology in CIS and what we do as a business firm wide
- Train and educate our customers with our tools and technologies to promote our products and solutions to the consumer
- Show enthusiasm and initiative and be ready to take on both a challenging and rewarding placement
Where can the role take me?
A CIS Feeds Specialist has a genuine career path with CIS and DAI as the candidate will have exposure to our technology and people which will give them full visibility on what CIS does as a business. There are opportunities in Sales, Technology, Relationship Management, Product and Engineering. We are actively looking for people with the right skillset and attitude to join us.
You'll need to have:
- Strong customer service / client facing skills
- Excellent communication and competent presentation skills
- Ability to handle and deliver customer service to meet high expectations
- Strong Analytical/Problem Solving skills. Time Management and multi-tasking skill
We’d love to see:
- A Computer Science background
- Experience in support & account management with the ability to meet targets
- Experience with programming / scripting languages
- Straight through processing (STP) exposure within the financial environment
- Connectivity Troubleshooting experience – MQ, SFTP, TCP/IP
- XML and FIX messaging experience
- Order Management/Trading Systems/Trade workflow experience (Buy-side or Sell-side)
The ProcessApply if you think we're a good match. Bloomberg will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. This is not a pipeline internship. If successful, you will be eligible for a full time position on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Global Data or Analytics & Sales. As this is a pipeline programme for full time hires, we are targeting penultimate year students graduating in 2019.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information, please contact Sarah on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com