EmployAbility Bloomberg Summer Internship 2018 - Bloomberg Intelligence
Bloomberg Offices, Central London
Studying finance + Excel + European language
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose. Come find yours.
As the research arm of Bloomberg News, we collect and host data on 100+ industries and 4,000+ companies for a wide range of clients. We also give them context for the data through independent analysis from 130 experts in a wide range of subjects – including Washington, litigation, credit and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data. They help our clients see the hidden factors that influence their worlds, and how to understand current and historical trends.
Who thrives in BI?
You have an analytical mind, and seeing your work published on the Terminal will keep you motivated. You’re not afraid to bring a quantitative perspective to the table (you probably aced math class) and you just get the ins and outs of finance. You’re excited to know that industry professionals will look to your research and your knowledge when making decisions, so you understand the importance of keeping your voice creative and interesting.
What's the role?
During the internship you'll help conduct industry and company research. You'll also develop Bloomberg product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company.
Your internship starts with an orientation that introduces you to our culture and the Bloomberg Terminal. Then, over the summer, you'll collaborate on exciting projects that contribute to the work of our full-time Research Analysts. You'll also:
- Work closely with your line manager who will provide you with insight into the Bloomberg culture and environment, and constructive ongoing feedback.
- Participate in community service projects and other intern events
- Join our online learning network for continuing education
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Analyse data as part of your day to day activities
- Generate a constant flow of research ideas relating to top-down, bottom-up, and credit research
- Design and maintain functional dashboards on the Bloomberg Terminal, using the most relevant and accurate data
- Develop and manage relationships with internal departments and external market professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
What we look for:
At minimum for this role, we look for candidates who:
- Working towards a degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with a concentration in finance. Candidates with backgrounds in financials, auto-engineering, energy, consumer and pharmaceuticals industries are encouraged to apply.
- Are in full time education, preferably in the penultimate year of study
We also require:
- Understanding and/or prior experience in the financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and organizational skills
In addition, these skills and experiences can help distinguish you from other candidates for this role:
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Comfortable manipulating data and confident working with pivot tables
- Commitment to extracurricular activities in addition to academic studies
- Business fluency in English plus one additional language, particularly Russian or Spanish
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
The ProcessWe recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised. This is not a pipeline internship. If successful, you may be considered for a full time position in Bloomberg Intelligence dependent on our headcount availability. Alternatively, you will be eligible for a full time position on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Global Data or Analytics & Sales.
If this sounds like you:
Apply to Bloomberg directly using the link below if you think you're a good match. Bloomberg will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
When you complete the Bloomberg application form please use the referral source: 'Conferences/Events/Partners – Employability'
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information, please contact Sarah on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is now closed for applications.