EmployAbility Bloomberg Graduate Programme 2020 - Global Data Specialist
Bloomberg Offices, Central London
Availability to start a full-time position in 2020
Sunday 27th October 2019
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, managing workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, which makes the role diverse and provides an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll trust you to:
- Extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve the data products and/or associated processes
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Utilise subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Finance or Economics
- Fluency in English and a main European language or Russian, Turkish, Hebrew or Japanese. The specific language required will be subject to business needs and will be confirmed in due course.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Client-focused mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- A master’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or SQL
- Familiarity with mark-up languages such as XML, SGML, JSON, YAML, and/or HTML
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against Bloomberg's core competencies and selected through Bloomberg's recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto the Internship Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship Programme, please contact Sarah on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org