EmployAbility Bloomberg Graduate Programme 2020 - Analytics & Sales
Bloomberg Offices, Central London
Sunday 5th April 2020
**The job description has been updated, and an additional language is no longer an essential requirement.**
You have an understanding of the drivers behind market moving stories and events. You're a solution-finder, with a real passion for providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment. With a desire to build a career in a client-facing role, you understand the importance of credibility and building relationships.
What is the role?
It’s rare to find a role that gives you such early exposure to global financial market participants. Our Analytics and Sales programme in London offers you the unrivalled opportunity to:
- Join our team in the London EMEA headquarters, where you are depended upon to provide fast and accurate solutions to incoming client queries. The support we give to clients is a key aspect of Bloomberg’s value proposition and you will play a critical role here.
- Partake in our comprehensive training program, covering all aspects of the financial markets: economic principles, market players and asset classes - while teaching you all there is to know about the functionality and analytical tools Bloomberg has to offer.
- Upon a successful period in Analytics, you’ll have the platform to further your career across the company. The majority of Analytics members take up opportunities within our Enterprise Sales team.
- We provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximise the value of Bloomberg.
- We’re a calm voice in a busy, volatile market. Our clients rely on us to support them in making better, faster decisions using the power of Bloomberg Professional Services. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages. From educating a portfolio manager on Bloomberg’s risk management solutions to helping a trader discover new sources of market liquidity – the variety of problems we solve is immense.
- Bloomberg is constantly innovating and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively reaching out to upskill clients through technology, on-site training and seminars. We also work in conjunction with Enterprise Sales to deliver on strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and onboarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter.
- In Sales, we're the face of Bloomberg for our clients. Consultative and entrepreneurial, we’re responsible for managing client relationships, whilst striving to continually grow our revenue by identifying new business opportunities.
- We spend our time with our clients, understanding their business goals and outpacing their expectations. Guided by curiosity and purpose, we work to understand their workflows and advise on the most appropriate solutions across our range of enterprise offerings. We work in a rapidly changing market and to be successful, it’s crucial we stay one step ahead, knowing our customers and presenting them with ground breaking solutions before they even know they need them.
- Colleagues from across the company depend on us to communicate new solutions. We’re discovering new business leads by making prospecting calls and networking. We demonstrate how Bloomberg will help our clients make the best investment/trading/business decisions, making their day to day business smoother and more profitable.
You need to have:
- The ability to join a training class on a full time permanent basis in 2020. We hold various training classes throughout the whole year.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) or relevant work experience
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrable interest in financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- The resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
We’d love to see:
- Work experience in a client facing role
- Interest in technology
- Fluency in another language (a good skill to have, but not an essential requirement)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg”Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against Bloomberg's core competencies and selected through Bloomberg's recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto the Graduate Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Graduate Programme, please contact Sarah on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com