Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Global Transaction Services
Penultimate year students, finalists and graduates of any degree discipline
Midnight, Sunday, 30 November 2014
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Summer Internship programme.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses. The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, they partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
Why Diversity Is Important
Bank of America Merrill Lynch encourages a diverse, inclusive workplace. This gives them the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of their diverse clients and shareholders, and provides fresh ideas and perspectives, which promote ingenuity. The company respects and values not only differences related to age, marital or civil partnership status, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation, but also diversity of viewpoint, experience, talents and ideas. They strive to empower all employees to excel on the job and reach their full potential, and reward and recognise individuals based on performance and results.
Summer Internship Programme, Global Transaction Services Division
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, they’ll match your drive and ambition to where you can make a real impact.
As one of the world’s largest financial institutions, their global connections allow you to create a career on your own terms.
An internship or placement is your opportunity to gain an insight into working life at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, to network with the company’s employees and to develop your skills. You’ll work alongside employees of all levels and have an opportunity to participate in project work with the potential for measurable impact on our business. By joining Bank of America Merrill Lynch, you’ll also receive the highest level of training and mentoring support.
Running for nine weeks between June and August, a summer internship will give you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry. The programme begins with an induction week covering core skills, and you will be assigned a mentor and a buddy who will help you to make the most of your orientation and training. There will also be plenty of networking opportunities and a speaker series, giving you the chance to meet a range of employees from new starters to seasoned senior executives.
GTS (Global Transaction Services) Sales provides their Corporate and Financial Institution client base with payment, receipt, liquidity and other working capital management solutions.
GTS brings a holistic suite of services to clients, backed by unmatched investment and commitment to delivery. Their products and services improve their clients cash management, including: bank accounts, money transfers and collection services, investment facilities, interest bearing account, money market deposits, financing facilities and deposit and withdrawal facilities.
As a Summer Analyst within Global Transaction Services you will:
- Have exposure to all parts of our business - from product development through to selling the solution to clients
- Take part in client / prospective client visits to grow and win new business.
- Participate in creating bespoke solutions for clients
- Work with different product sets including Cash Management, Liquidity, Trade Finance and Custody
The programme is designed to help you decide whether Bank of America Merrill Lynch's offer matches your aspirations and includes:
- One week induction and training programme with classroom instruction
- Summer Senior Speaker Series, featuring global & divisional presentations by top executives
- Opportunities to interact with senior bankers and network with peers
- Constructive feedback sessions through performance evaluations
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent), however, please speak to EmployAbility if you have extenuating circumstances that have affected your academic performance.
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- Ability to prioritise workload while multi-tasking, attention to detail and accuracy in work completed are all key qualities. In addition you'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is offering summer internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Credit Risk Management
- Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB)
- Global Markets
- Global Loan Products
- Global Markets Technology & Operations
- Global Information Security
- Global Research
- Technology Infrastructure
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s core competencies and selected through the Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Summer Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit one application:
- To apply online to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Global Transaction Services Summer Internship, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
- To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.