Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Global Research
Penultimate year students, finalists and graduates from science, economics or mathematics disciplines.
|Midnight, Sunday, 30 November 2014|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Summer Internship programme.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses. The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, they partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
Why Diversity Is Important
Bank of America Merrill Lynch encourages a diverse, inclusive workplace. This gives them the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of their diverse clients and shareholders, and provides fresh ideas and perspectives, which promote ingenuity. The company respects and values not only differences related to age, marital or civil partnership status, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation, but also diversity of viewpoint, experience, talents and ideas. They strive to empower all employees to excel on the job and reach their full potential, and reward and recognise individuals based on performance and results.
Summer Internship Programme, Global Research Division
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, they’ll match your drive and ambition to where you can make a real impact.
As one of the world’s largest financial institutions, their global connections allow you to create a career on your own terms.
An internship or placement is your opportunity to gain an insight into working life at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, to network with the company’s employees and to develop your skills. You’ll work alongside employees of all levels and have an opportunity to participate in project work with the potential for measurable impact on our business. By joining Bank of America Merrill Lynch, you’ll also receive the highest level of training and mentoring support.
Running for nine weeks between June and August, a summer internship will give you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry. The programme begins with an induction week covering core skills, and you will be assigned a mentor and a buddy who will help you to make the most of your orientation and training. There will also be plenty of networking opportunities and a speaker series, giving you the chance to meet a range of employees from new starters to seasoned senior executives.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Research stands at the heart of the firm, providing actionable investment ideas, industry analysis and company research to their sales and trading teams across all asset classes around the world. Their team of over 700 analysts add value to their clients by providing insightful and objective research, designed to help them to make informed and successful investment decisions.
Equity Research: Provides institutional and retail clients with in-depth research analysis on more than 20 industries and conducts fundamental analysis on more than 3,000 companies in 50 countries.
Credit Research: Provides analysis of corporations' credit-worthiness and credit, cash and derivative markets and makes detailed, actionable investment recommendations to all types of institutional credit and credit derivative investors.
The Internship experience
As a Summer analyst within Global Research, you will:
- Gain unique insight into specific industry sectors and/or tradable financial instruments and structures
- Develop the necessary confidence and experience to question and challenge senior managers of companies within your sector coverage
- Develop an understanding of the investment needs of a wide range of different clients in order to provide bespoke recommendations and solutions to help them meet their objectives
Your internship will involve rotations amongst different desks within the business group which means you get a good overview of the business in detail. Training includes:
- One week induction and training programme with classroom instruction
- A buddy and mentoring programme
- Summer Senior Speaker Series, featuring global & divisional presentations by top executives
- Opportunities to interact with senior bankers and network with peers
- Constructive feedback sessions through performance evaluations
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Team-working, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Ability to grasp a wide variety of products and to handle more projects simultaneously
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is offering summer internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Credit Risk Management
- Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB)
- Global Markets
- Global Loan Products
- Global Transaction Services
- Global Markets Technology & Operations
- Global Information Security
- Technology Infrastructure
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s core competencies and selected through the Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Summer Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit one application:
- To apply online to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Global Research Summer Internship programme, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
- To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.