Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Credit Risk Management
Penultimate year students, finalists and graduates of any degree discipline
Midnight, Sunday, 30 November 2014
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Summer Internship programme.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses. The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, they partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
Why Diversity Is Important
Bank of America Merrill Lynch encourages a diverse, inclusive workplace. This gives them the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of their diverse clients and shareholders, and provides fresh ideas and perspectives, which promote ingenuity. The company respects and values not only differences related to age, marital or civil partnership status, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation, but also diversity of viewpoint, experience, talents and ideas. They strive to empower all employees to excel on the job and reach their full potential, and reward and recognise individuals based on performance and results.
Summer Internship Programme, Credit Risk Management Division
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, they’ll match your drive and ambition to where you can make a real impact.
As one of the world’s largest financial institutions, their global connections allow you to create a career on your own terms.
An internship or placement is your opportunity to gain an insight into working life at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, to network with the company’s employees and to develop your skills. You’ll work alongside employees of all levels and have an opportunity to participate in project work with the potential for measurable impact on our business. By joining Bank of America Merrill Lynch, you’ll also receive the highest level of training and mentoring support.
Running for nine weeks between June and August, a summer internship will give you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry. The programme begins with an induction week covering core skills, and you will be assigned a mentor and a buddy who will help you to make the most of your orientation and training. There will also be plenty of networking opportunities and a speaker series, giving you the chance to meet a range of employees from new starters to seasoned senior executives.
Credit Risk is the risk of loss if a client fails to meet their obligations to the bank, and a key factor in all the business we do with the clients. As a Credit Risk Summer intern you will gain exposure to all business lines. Assessing credit risk requires a deep understanding of a company's industry, competitive position, strategy and financial performance.
Credit Risk Management is broken into two core business sectors, Corporate Credit Risk and Financial Institutions Credit Risk, with both sectors working on deal teams that include Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Debt Capital Markets and Sales & Trading. The role of the Credit Risk Manager is to ensure that all executed business is in line with the bank's risk appetite for each client and to monitor all existing risks on their portfolios.
As a Summer analyst within Credit Risk you will:
- Have the opportunity to learn more about Credit Risk Management
- Be a key member of the team and you will be expected to add value from the beginning of the programme
- Perform intensive qualitative and quantitative credit analysis on clients
- Present recommendations based on risks identified to senior Credit Management in written and verbal format
- Undertake an industry / sector review identifying risks, trends and recommendations to Credit Management
- Be involved with a credit risk project which will allow you to work closely with peers on key project deliverables
- On track for a minimum of a 2:1 degree classification (or equivalent) in any degree discipline. Please speak to EmployAbility if you have extenuating circumstances that have affected your academic performance.
- Enthusiasm, a desire to learn and an interest in people
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Keen business interest and an enquiring nature
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is offering summer internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB)
- Global Markets
- Global Loan Products
- Global Transaction Services
- Global Markets Technology & Operations
- Global Information Security
- Global Research
- Technology Infrastructure
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s core competencies and selected through the Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Summer Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit one application:
- To apply online to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Credit Risk Management Summer Internship, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
- To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is now closed for applications.