Amazon Graduate Planning Analyst
|Bachelors or Masters degree in Science or Engineering subject|
Midnight, Sunday 9th August 2020
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
It’s always Day One at Amazon and today is no different with our last mile transportation network. We view transportation as a critical element to delivering the promise to customers from the moment they click buy on Amazon to the time their package arrives on their doorstep. Optimizing the network set up, internal connections, size & locations of stations enables fast and reliable delivery for customers across Europe. As an analyst of last mile network planning team, you will be supporting field operations leadership team to plan new delivery stations, supporting a network that doubles in size every few years, designing and implementing fulfilment capabilities and facilitating the launch of new transportation services to support capacity growth and improve service value. You will lead initiatives to optimize customer promise, transportation cost and secure service levels. You will develop multi-year operating and capital plans for delivery station build outs, track the progress of multiyear plans to build feedback mechanism to improve planning accuracy. You will lead the research & oversee the continuous development of advanced optimization forecasting and machine-learning models to solve business problems in the transportation domains, realized savings and impacts, and communicate results to senior leaders and develop data science architectures to evaluate operations. Cross-team coordination, project management, executive presentation skills, and proven record of accomplishment of delivering results are essential. Finally, you will own documenting and presenting to all levels of operations leadership up to VP the network plans, risks and contingencies on a regular basis. Ready for the challenge?
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Science or Engineering subject
- Experience using SQL.
- Goal orientation; experience executing at scale
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Results oriented
- Keen to learn
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Strong verbal and written communications skills at an executive level that enable explanation of complex insights with clarity and precision
- Masters or higher degree in Economics, Econometrics, System Engineering or equivalent
- 0.5+ year professional experience in an analytical function
- Understanding of Operations Research, machine learning modeling and other forecasting techniques
- Project Management skills