Disability Excellence in Practice: A Masterclass on Non-visible Disabilities and Mental Health
|When:||Wednesday 4th March 2015, 10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Who should attend:||Diversity, HR, Recruitment Specialists, Team Leaders|
|Hosted By:||Clifford Chance in Central London|
£199* early-bird discount or £249* full price for Corporations
£119* early-bird discount or £149* full price for Universities and Charities.
*Does not include V.A.T.
EmployAbility is proud to present Disability Excellence in Practice: A Masterclass on Non-visible Disabilities and Mental Health
- Improve your understanding of non-visible disabilities and the impact on recruitment and the business environment
- Understand the context of Equality Act 2010 in relation to non-visible disabilities and the employers’ duty to make reasonable adjustments
- Develop your knowledge and confidence regarding non-visible disabilities, disclosure and adjustments
- Share best practice and experiences with your peers and other relevant professionals.
What does the course involve?
- Practical guidance and advice for attraction, recruitment, and retention of talented disabled applicants and employees
- Working in small focussed groups to share experiences and enhance learning
- Interactive exercises, personal stories and scenarios to build on your existing knowledge.
Topics covered include:
- Definition of disability – the scope of disability in relation to non-visible disabilities
- The law in context – a brief overview of the Equality Act 2010, including the impact of non-visible disabilities on the employer’s duty to make reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process and the workplace
- Leadership with a spotlight on Mental Health - what can your organisation do to encourage more understanding and openness around mental health and other non-visible disabilities
- Identifying effective and relevant adjustments to enable potential and existing disabled and non-disabled employees to perform to the best of their ability
- Recognising the signs – identifying when an employee is experiencing difficulties due to a non-visible disability
- Start the conversation - when you suspect or know an applicant or existing employee has a non-visible disability and would benefit from doing an application or work differently
- Personal stories and interactive scenarios - group based work on real life examples.
Price for Companies: £199 early bird registrations (register by 17th February, 2015), or £249 (after 17th February, 2015). This price includes a networking lunch.
Price for Universities and Charities: £119 early bird registrations (register by 17th February, 2015), or £149 (after 17th February, 2015). This price includes a networking lunch.
This event is now closed for applications.