Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Equity Research
Penultimate students, finalists and graduates of any degree discipline
|Midnight, Thursday, 4 December 2014|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Morgan Stanley to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Morgan Stanley Internship programme.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley has earned recognition as a leader in financial services as one of the most admired companies in the industry. Since it was founded in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services. The firm has continually broken new ground in advising clients on strategic transactions, in pioneering the global expansion of finance and capital markets, and in providing new opportunities for individual and institutional investors.
Morgan Stanley Equity Research Division
The Equity Research department is responsible for researching macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions, along with company fundamentals. it also collects and analyzes financial information to make investment recommendations on stocks in specific sectors. Research analysts build financial models to explore scenarios, examine industries and communicate with companies and investors. Equity Research group members discuss their analysis and investment recommendations in research notes.
The 10-week Summer Programme provides students with an opportunity to master the skills needed to develop an exciting and rewarding career in Equity Research. Summer Analysts will collaborate with and learn from some of the most successful professionals in the industry. You will have the opportunity to network with senior management and other representatives through lunches, seminars and social activities. Research Summer Analysts also receive significant support from managers and mentors. Midsummer reviews are given to assess your performance, enabling you to improve throughout the summer.
The Training Programme
Summer Analysts participate in an orientation programme that provides an overview of the Firm’s businesses and the transition from the academic to the corporate world, creating the chance to establisha network across businesses throughout the Firm. Equity Research Summer Analysts then attend Sales & Trading specific and divisional training where they learn the core skills required to be successful on the job. This includes financial analysis and modelling overviews, as well as larger presentations from leading Analysts, such as how to make better stock calls and develop proprietary insights.
• Rotate within two sector teams and work closely with the leading Analysts to support their sector team franchise by completing value-added projects.
• Gather and analyse industry data to develop an industry vision; update and build financial models on the companies and industry you follow.
• Analyse emerging trends in an industry or macroeconomy, write investment notes and reports to communicate your team’s investment opinions to a sophisticated client base, and assess relative stock valuations and reviewing findings with senior team members.
• You are an undergraduate from any degree discipline in your penultimate year of study with a strong interest in the financial markets and excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• You have entrepreneurial spirit and are driven to deliver results.
• You have superb communication skills and are a team player.
• You are naturally intellectually curious, focused and creative.
• You have a keen research instinct and innovative problem-solving abilities.
Morgan Stanley is offering Summer and 12-month internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Finance (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Risk Management (Summer Internship)
- Investment Banking Division & Global Capital Markets Combined Programme (Summer Internship)
- Operations (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
- Prime Brokerage (12 month Industrial Placement)
- Real Estate Investing (Summer Internship)
- Sales and Trading (Summer Internship)
- Technology (Summer Internship and 12 month Industrial Placement)
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Morgan Stanley’s core competencies and selected through the Morgan Stanley recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Morgan Stanley’s Internship Programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit an application for ONE of Morgan Stanley's divisions.
To apply online to the Morgan Stanley EmployAbility Internship programme Equity Research division, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Mogan Stanley recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)77760 90508 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.