J.P.Morgan EmployAbility Internship Programme 2018, Investment Banking
Preferably penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2019
|Wednesday 15th November 2017|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with JP Morgan to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme.
Internship programme, Investment Banking
Put your energy, insight and analytical prowess to work at the heart of J.P. Morgan. Spend the summer in our Investment Banking business, digging into the data that informs our solutions for the world’s preeminent companies. Over ten weeks, you’ll work with senior bankers and clients, develop vital skills and start building your professional network as you get a first look at the biggest deals in Investment Banking.
What you can expect
Our Summer Analyst Program runs for ten weeks from June to August. The internship starts with a week of intense training provided by J.P. Morgan Investment Bankers and external providers. These sessions will bring you up to speed on our history, the scale and scope of our organization today and our ambitious plans for tomorrow. Plus we’ll arm you with the technical and practical knowledge you’ll need to make your mark in Investment Banking. Then, get ready to make a real impact on the industry or product group you join.
You’ll be exposed to stimulating work, senior clients and major deals from the get-go while you work with and learn from experienced colleagues. With opportunities across our Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Merger & Acquisition, Pan-European and UK Industry Coverage teams you could potentially be involved in all stages of equity and debt transactions - from pitch to closing, analyzing company and market data, building detailed financial models and preparing client presentations for M&As and LBOs. You won’t just crunch numbers: your insights you add will contribute to the advice we give our clients.
On-the-job learning is only part of what we offer. You’ll also have your very own mentor and access to tutors to advise and support you through the program. Plus you’ll be invited to our speaker series and a host of other interesting events. You’ll be meeting colleagues, including senior leaders, from across the firm and building your professional network. Upon successful completion of the program, you may have the opportunity to join us full-time after graduation.
As an Analyst on our Summer Program your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting financial valuation, discounted cash flow and multiples-based analyses
- Building and using financial models
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- Conducting industry and product research
- Executing client transactions
What you need to bring
Genuine curiosity about the Investment Banking world is the starting point. We’re looking for adaptable, accurate, enthusiastic students who thrive under pressure and in a team. Academic excellence is a must, you must have an expected degree minimum of a 2.1 or equivalent (results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication). There’s no set degree for Investment Bankers; but a demonstrated interest in finance and economics is advantageous.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills
- The confidence and initiative to take on early responsibility and manage your own projects
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A second European language is essential for some roles and beneficial for others
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
A little more about J.P. Morgan
With operations in 100 countries, J.P. Morgan is a true global leader in the financial services industry. We believe the true measure of our success lies in the trusted relationships we share with our clients, our reputation in the industry, and the quality and integrity of the services we provide. In every area of our work, we’re committed to being the best, and doing what’s right for our clients. And it’s that unshakeable commitment shared by everyone at J.P. Morgan which makes this such a rewarding place to build a career.
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against J.P. Morgan’s core competencies and selected through the J.P. Morgan recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto J.P. Morgan’s Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
You can apply for up to 3 different business area. Please complete a new application for each business area.
Other business areas you can apply to are;
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Investor Services Sales
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Global Treasury Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Wealth Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Markets
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Risk
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Asset Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Finance & Business Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Technology
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Human Resources
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Corporate Analyst Development Program
To apply online to the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page. J.P. Morgan recruit on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org