Google EmployAbility Online Media Associate Summer Internship 2012 (Multiple Languages Available) - Dublin, EU Headquarters
End of June 2012
|10 to 12 weeks|
Students of any degree discipline
Midnight Sunday 26 February
This position is available in the following languages: Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
Being an intern at Google means you will be a fully integrated member of their business team. You will receive ongoing mentorship and training, and will have a mentor assigned to you with whom you’ll work closely to identify project goals and professional development opportunities. In addition, you will participate in a structured programme of educational and social activities to ensure you have a productive experience at Google that helps you grow both your personal and professional skills.
The Online Media Associate Intern Programme is open to students from all academic disciplines with strong analytical skills to help Google clients and users get the most out of their advertising efforts and Google products. With exceptional interpersonal skills, you are strongly interested in client service, project management, and communications. You are also a self-starter who brings a determined, solution-oriented attitude. Your specific responsibilities will depend on the product area, specific department, and on your skills and experience. Many intern roles within this programme do not require technical skills and they could include managing advertiser or publisher accounts, developing compelling advertising solutions for brand advertisers, improving access to relevant information for millions of internet users, analysing large sets of data, or developing scalable support solutions for rapid-growth consumer products.
- Provide outstanding customer service to Google's advertisers, publishers, users and/or internal clients.
- Manage and drive specific projects, present results and make recommendations.
- Identify customer problems and develop creative solutions.
- Work collaboratively with the team to improve account performance for new and existing markets/products.
- Identify opportunities to improve Google products, working with Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams to test and implement improvements.
Examples of past projects include:
- Creating case studies with advertisers
- Building internal or external websites
- Analysing trends within specific verticals and create pitch material based on findings
- Internal tools development
- Organising an important in-house event for clients
- Competitive analysis and benchmarking study; development of action plan based on findings
- Creating a process between two teams to better share high potential clients
- Revamp of external resources based on data findings
- CSAT analysis and recommendation of action plan
- Creating collateral for external clients, eg. 10-step guide to landing page optimisation
- Students with a Bachelors/Masters degree in progress. To be eligible, students need to return to full-time education for at least 3 months after the internship. Priority given to applicants graduating late 2012 or during 2013. However, if you have already graduated, please contact EmployAbility at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Previous internships in account management, marketing, customer support, sales or consulting.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Strong computer application skills and interest in the Internet industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and in the language of the market you would support.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and motivate others around you.
What Google offer
Development and Training
All interns receive ongoing mentorship and training throughout their programme at Google. You will be assigned an intern "host" who will inspire you, oversee your work, help identify project goals, and support your professional development. Additionally, Google offer a series of trainings for your continued education. All interns can attend regular talks given by various Googlers, learning about different products and groups across the company. Interns also have the opportunity to attend weekly company meetings to get the latest news from their country leaders, and address specific questions or issues.
As an intern, you can benefit from a generous programme designed to keep Google a healthy, energetic, and productive place to work. You will get to enjoy a variety of delicious gourmet meals free. Depending on where you end up interning, other great perks range from massage therapy to video games. Google’s intern team also organises specific events exclusively for interns. Past events have included harbour cruises, movie nights, go-karting, bowling, office parties and much, much more.
Salary and Relocation Assistance
Google offer all interns a competitive salary and relocation assistance where applicable. They want to make sure your move to Google is a pleasant experience, so they will give you recommendations on the best places to live and provide an overview of the surrounding areas.
This programme is now closed for applications.