Google EmployAbility Technical Internship, Software Engineer Intern 2015
Various European Locations.
|Candidates should currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field. Typically with 12-18 months of further study to complete a Bachelor's or Master's degree, or at any stage in your PhD.|
|Midnight Sunday, 15 February 2015|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Google to offer disabled students the opportunity to apply for the Summer 2015 Software Engineer Internship.
The area: Intern - Technical
Google is and always will be an engineering company. They hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The role: Software Engineer Intern 2015
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Their ambitions reach far beyond just Search. Their products need to handle information at the the scale of the web. They are looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as their fast-paced business grows and evolves. Google need their engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as Google continue to push technology forward.
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information
- Solve all problems that come your way
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field. Typically with 12-18 months of further study to complete a Bachelor's or Master's degree, or at any stage in your PhD
- International students who are currently enrolled at a university within Europe and Israel are eligible to apply. In order to be offered an internship, students will need to provide Google with proof of authorization to work in the relevant country.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms
- Excellent coding skill in C, C++, Java or Python
- Knowledge of UNIX / Linux or Windows environment, and APIs
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming
Your resume/CV is the employer's very first impression of you. Your CV must be a maximum of 2 pages long and must include in descending order: 1. Education, 2. Work Experience, 3. Any other skills and extra curricular activities. Please note that Europass CVs will not be accepted. For further guidance, please see the following video.
How to Apply:
Click the ‘apply now’ button below!
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Google’s core competencies and selected through Google’s recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto the Google’s Internship Programme and will participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764 684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.