Goldman Sachs EmployAbility Summer Analyst Internship 2015, Finance
|Students and graduates of any degree discipline|
Midnight, Sunday 7th December 2014
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Goldman Sachs to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Internship programme.
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
About the Summer Analyst Internship Programme
This is a ten-week programme designed to fully immerse you in the day-today activities of one of Goldman Sachs' divisions. The program starts with a firmwide orientation where you’ll learn about their culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Goldman Sachs. You will also receive division-specific training designed to help you succeed in your division.
After training, you will receive real responsibilities to give you a sense of what you would be doing, day to day, as a full-time Goldman Sachs employee. Along with fellow interns, you will work alongside leaders within the industry. Successful Summer Analysts may be invited back to join the New Analyst program in a full time position.
About the Finance Division
The finance teams manage the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and provide the overall financial control and reporting function.
Their responsibilities include managing liquidity risk, long-term debt issuance and share repurchases and dividends; assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties; monitoring market risks associated with the firm’s trading activities; designing and operating systems to support financial management, planning and forecasting; building risk models to support new businesses and derivatives analysis; managing the firm’s relationships with regulators, rating agencies and creditors; and providing broad analytical and regulatory compliance support across all their businesses.
The Finance division is organized into discrete groups with a broad remit:
- The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets - we help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures.
- The Tax teams work in offices around the world to ensure that the Firm complies with the tax laws of the countries in which we do business.
- Corporate Treasury manages the firm’s liquidity, secured and unsecured funding programs, as well as the level and composition of its consolidated and subsidiary level equity capital.
- Credit protects the firm's capital against counterparty default and advises clients on credit ratings.
- Market Risk Management and Analysis measures, analyzes and controls the market risk of the firm globally.
- Operational Risk focuses on the development of risk assessment frameworks that identify, measure, monitor and manage risk exposures.
- Firmwide Strategy develops and executes long-term strategic plans.
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA engages in a number of business activities unique to the Bank, and conducts a number of key Goldman Sachs trading businesses and lending activities.
If you’re interested in working in the Finance Division you should be able to demonstrate that you are highly motivated, with commercial focus and strong analytical and communication skills. They look for people who enjoy being challenged, are team oriented and have good attention to detail.
As an intern you will work closely with team members, participate in seminars and networking events, and experience first hand how the Finance Division operates.
Depending which team you join, you could be learning about new products and their implementation issues, helping to assess market risk based on world events, or helping to prepare reports for senior management about proprietary acquisitions.
Goldman Sachs is offering Summer Analyst Internships across a variety of divisions. These are:
- Global Compliance
- Global Investment Research
- Human Capital Management
- Internal Audit
- Investment Banking
- Investment Management
- Merchant Banking
- Sales and Trading (Securities)
The Technology Division also offers a Work Placement Programme which lasts for 6 months or one year.
How to Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility but each applicant is assessed against Goldman Sachs’ core competencies and selected through the Goldman Sachs recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly into the appropriate Goldman Sachs Programme and participate in every aspect of it.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Justin Penney on +44 (0)7776 090 508 or Rebecca Williams on +44 7766 363 666 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.