Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Technology Infrastructure
Penultimate year students, finalists and graduate from a Computer Science or another numerate degree discipline with a strong computing component such as mathematics, Physics or Engineering
|Midnight, Sunday, 28 December 2014|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Summer Internship programme.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses. The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, they partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
Why Diversity Is Important
Bank of America Merrill Lynch encourages a diverse, inclusive workplace. This gives them the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of their diverse clients and shareholders, and provides fresh ideas and perspectives, which promote ingenuity. The company respects and values not only differences related to age, marital or civil partnership status, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation, but also diversity of viewpoint, experience, talents and ideas. They strive to empower all employees to excel on the job and reach their full potential, and reward and recognise individuals based on performance and results.
Summer Internship Programme, Technology Infrastructure Division
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, they’ll match your drive and ambition to where you can make a real impact.
As one of the world’s largest financial institutions, their global connections allow you to create a career on your own terms.
An internship or placement is your opportunity to gain an insight into working life at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, to network with the company’s employees and to develop your skills. You’ll work alongside employees of all levels and have an opportunity to participate in project work with the potential for measurable impact on our business. By joining Bank of America Merrill Lynch, you’ll also receive the highest level of training and mentoring support.
Running for nine weeks between June and August, a summer internship will give you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry. The programme begins with an induction week covering core skills, and you will be assigned a mentor and a buddy who will help you to make the most of your orientation and training. There will also be plenty of networking opportunities and a speaker series, giving you the chance to meet a range of employees from new starters to seasoned senior executives.
Technology touches every part of Bank of America Merrill Lynch and underpins every deal they make. When a system is unavailable, millions can be lost, so robust programs and infrastructure is fundamental in their ability to operate. Owing to their investment in cutting-edge technology, Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Global Technology and Operations (GT&O) division enables business growth and success. It gives their business the competitive edge to solve business problems by delivering high quality and practical technical solutions.
Within GT&O, Technologists in Technology Infrastructure (TI) meets the needs of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's clients and employees by working alongside development technology teams to designing, implementing and supporting cutting edge applications and infrastructure. Teams are either aligned to a business group or enterprise wide function supporting critical systems essential to the success of Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
The Technology Infrastructure team offers you the opportunity to develop and understand the fundamental technical and personal skills that you will need to be successful and deliver real value to our lines of the business, by collaborating with team mates from across the globe. These teams cover all aspects of our infrastructure including servers, mainframes, networks, storage, backups, desktops, information security, communications and market data. As a summer analyst in TI, you will:
- Design infrastructure used by multiple lines of business, handling billion dollars of transactions per day
- Work on some of the biggest open trading floors in Europe supporting our traders in an environment where every second counts
- Take responsibility for deploying and supporting core infrastructure that underpins the daily operations of the entire bank
- Support the design and implementation of our next generation data-centres
- Develop mobile solutions to enable our employees to work effectively in geographically diverse locations
The programme is designed to help you decide whether Bank of America Merrill Lynch's offer matches your aspirations and includes:
- One week induction and training programme with classroom instruction
- Summer Senior Speaker Series, featuring global & divisional presentations by top executives
- Opportunities to interact with senior bankers and network with peers
- Constructive feedback sessions through performance evaluations
- A passion and interest in technology
- A Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related science or engineering discipline
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst multi tasking & interacting with a wide variety of people
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is offering summer internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Credit Risk Management
- Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB)
- Global Markets
- Global Loan Products
- Global Transaction Services
- Global Markets Technology & Operations
- Global Information Security
- Global Research
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s core competencies and selected through the Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Summer Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit one application:
- To apply online to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Technology Infrastructure Summer Internship, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
- To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is now closed for applications.