Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Global Loan Products
Penultimate year students, finalists and graduates of any degree discipline. Degree disciplines with maths/quantitative components an advantage
Midnight, Sunday, 30 November 2014
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Summer Internship programme.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses. The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, they partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
Why Diversity Is Important
Bank of America Merrill Lynch encourages a diverse, inclusive workplace. This gives them the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of their diverse clients and shareholders, and provides fresh ideas and perspectives, which promote ingenuity. The company respects and values not only differences related to age, marital or civil partnership status, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation, but also diversity of viewpoint, experience, talents and ideas. They strive to empower all employees to excel on the job and reach their full potential, and reward and recognise individuals based on performance and results.
Summer Internship Programme, Global Loan Products Division
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, they’ll match your drive and ambition to where you can make a real impact.
As one of the world’s largest financial institutions, their global connections allow you to create a career on your own terms.
An internship or placement is your opportunity to gain an insight into working life at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, to network with the company’s employees and to develop your skills. You’ll work alongside employees of all levels and have an opportunity to participate in project work with the potential for measurable impact on our business. By joining Bank of America Merrill Lynch, you’ll also receive the highest level of training and mentoring support.
Running for nine weeks between June and August, a summer internship will give you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry. The programme begins with an induction week covering core skills, and you will be assigned a mentor and a buddy who will help you to make the most of your orientation and training. There will also be plenty of networking opportunities and a speaker series, giving you the chance to meet a range of employees from new starters to seasoned senior executives.
Global Loan Products (GLP) has primary business responsibility and oversight of the Large Corporate Loan Book - a book of term loans, revolving credit facilities and other credit products to multi-national corporations and global financial institutions.
Key responsibilities of GLP include loan pricing and structuring support for client coverage teams, capital modeling and allocation, loan sales, product management, profit and loss, and reporting for the Large Corporate Loan Book.
As a Summer Analyst within Global Loan Products you will:
- Perform intensive qualitative and quantitative analysis that supports product management, business selection and capital allocation activities for loan profitability, including return on capital and return on assets
- Assist business partners in preparing for capital review committee approvals and franchise reviews
- Develop public/private booking designations in conjunction with the fair value option desk
- Review loan pricing marks
- Track loan pipeline reporting, including new originations, refinancing, repayments and roll-offs
- Forecast loan balances, margin trends and related loan portfolio management portfolio analytics
- Learn from and work with teams consisting of professionals drawn from across the business, including senior corporate bankers, experts in other areas of the firm and colleagues globally
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent), however, please speak to EmployAbility if you have extenuating circumstances that have affected your academic performance.
- Degree disciplines with maths/quantitative componenents an advantage as is previous work experience with Credit Risk / Corporate Banking / Loans
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- You'll demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Team-working, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is offering summer internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Credit Risk Management
- Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB)
- Global Markets
- Global Transaction Services
- Global Markets Technology & Operations
- Global Information Security
- Global Research
- Technology Infrastructure
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s core competencies and selected through the Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Summer Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit one application:
- To apply online to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Gloabl Loan Products Summer Internship, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
- To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email email@example.com
This programme is now closed for applications.