Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Summer Internship Programme 2015, Global Information Security
Penultimate year students, finalists and graduates of a degree with subjects covering Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Security or similar degree of relevance
|Midnight, Sunday, 30 November 2014|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Bank of America Merrill Lynch to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Summer Internship programme.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses. The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, they partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
Why Diversity Is Important
Bank of America Merrill Lynch encourages a diverse, inclusive workplace. This gives them the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of their diverse clients and shareholders, and provides fresh ideas and perspectives, which promote ingenuity. The company respects and values not only differences related to age, marital or civil partnership status, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation, but also diversity of viewpoint, experience, talents and ideas. They strive to empower all employees to excel on the job and reach their full potential, and reward and recognise individuals based on performance and results.
Summer Internship Programme, Global Information Security Division
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, they’ll match your drive and ambition to where you can make a real impact.
As one of the world’s largest financial institutions, their global connections allow you to create a career on your own terms.
An internship or placement is your opportunity to gain an insight into working life at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, to network with the company’s employees and to develop your skills. You’ll work alongside employees of all levels and have an opportunity to participate in project work with the potential for measurable impact on our business. By joining Bank of America Merrill Lynch, you’ll also receive the highest level of training and mentoring support.
Running for nine weeks between June and August, a summer internship will give you a thorough introduction to the financial services industry. The programme begins with an induction week covering core skills, and you will be assigned a mentor and a buddy who will help you to make the most of your orientation and training. There will also be plenty of networking opportunities and a speaker series, giving you the chance to meet a range of employees from new starters to seasoned senior executives.
Bank of America's technology couples technological expertise with the bank's strategic vision to keep Bank of America at the forefront of the world's financial markets. Delivering market-leading technology drives our business forward.
Global Information Security ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Bank of America's customer data, information systems, and assets. Global Information Security invents designs, develops, and deploys innovative solutions that deter, prevent, detect, respond, and recover from cyber threats and incidents. Our solutions also protect against unauthorized access or use of Bank of America information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customer.
As in intern Global Information Security you will provide analytical, strategic and technical skills to design, develop, implement and use state-of-the-art technology cybersecurity solutions aimed at reducing risk. Responsible for delivering innovative capabilities in team environment, as well as leveraging skills, background and interests for a specific group within Global Information Security. Cybersecurity Interns will dedicate half of their time to individual contributions and half as part of a competitive team in order to put their skills to the test aimed at solving systemic information security challenges.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch feeds your appetite for learning through:
- A one week training programme giving interns across all businesses the opportunity to learn more about the bank before being assigned to their businesses
- Senior Speaker Series, featuring presentations by top executives
- Opportunities to interact with senior leaders and network with peers
- Constructive feedback sessions through performance evaluations
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is every bit as advanced, diverse and exciting as you'd expect it to be, you're welcome to join us if you have:
- Ability to apply technical and analytic skills against the information security problems faced within the organization
- Ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment
- Multi-platform knowledge across Windows, Mac and/or Unix-based systems
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven problem solving skills, with ability to strategically and independently assess and resolve challenges
- Coursework and/or experience in Information Security / Cybersecurity, Privacy and Protection
- Understanding and interest in evolving cybersecurity landscape
- Experience with designing and implementing machine learning, data mining, statistics, or graph algorithms
- Experience with Big Data or alternative database systems, such as Hadoop MapReduce, Cassandra, HDFS, GraphML, Neo4j, Fuseki, MongoDB, or HBase
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Cloud computing and Application development
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is offering summer internships across a variety of divisions. Other divisions include:
- Credit Risk Management
- Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB)
- Global Markets
- Global Loan Products
- Global Transaction Services
- Global Markets Technology & Operations
- Global Research
- Technology Infrastructure
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s core competencies and selected through the Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Summer Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
Please note that candidates can only submit one application:
- To apply online to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch EmployAbility Global Information Security Summer Internship, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page.
- To apply to an internship in any other division, please click above on the division of your choice. You will be directed to the relevant page.
Although application deadlines are in place, candidates are advised to apply early as Bank of America Merrill Lynch recruit on an on-going basis.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is now closed for applications.