Mayer Brown believe diversity is critical to their success as a global law firm in attracting and retaining the best lawyers and a diverse client base.
In 2008, Mayer Brown teamed up with EmployAbility to successfully recruit four disabled candidates on to the Summer Work Experience programme, of which three were successful in obtaining Training Contracts. Mayer Brown are delighted at such a high conversion rate, and are certain that the support that both they and the disabled candidates received from EmployAbility was integral to this success.
Gemma Baker, Graduate Recruitment Manager at Mayer Brown said, “We are proud to be the first law firm to work with EmployAbility”.
EmployAbility continued to work and support Mayer Brown in 2009-10 in the following ways:
- Marketing the Mayer Brown Work Experience and Training Contract programmes to students/ graduates with disabilities
- Attracting and selecting suitable candidates with disabilities for the programmes
- Providing advice and guidance to Mayer Brown staff on any reasonable adjustments candidates may require throughout the recruitment process
- Providing a comprehensive support service for Mayer Brown staff for the duration of the work experience programme.
- Delivering disability awareness and etiquette training to Mayer Brown employees to ensure they are comfortable and confident in working and interacting with disabled people
- Marketing Mayer Brown as an inclusive employer to a broad spectrum of people with disabilities
- Advising Mayer Brown on all aspects of disability and employment
“In working with us, EmployAbility has provided an excellent quality of service and we would not hesitate to recommend them as experts in the field of disability and employment to any other law firm or indeed any other organisation.”
Gemma Baker, Graduate Recruitment Manager, Mayer Brown – April 2009